more naval problems

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

herbertx

more naval problems

Post by herbertx »

Using latest version 3.0.2 I again encountered problems with naval battle resolution. Western Med USA/GB units against Italian resulted in Mad Except errors (which I sent via email) which stopped the game and an error in which naval anti-air factors from the Allied ships were counted against the Italians naval air but Italian naval anti-air factors were ignored against the Allies air.
In other words only 1 side was allowed to apply naval anti-air, the other side was skipped. Obviously I couldn't save the game in the middle of this procedure but I saved it immediately after for what it's worth.

There's still something wrong with naval battle resolution. This keeps happening in every game I play.
Attachments
301newgameseptoct1.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Majorball68

RE: more naval problems

Post by Majorball68 »

Not sure if you are playing single player or PBEM.

If you want to avoid a lot of bugs like this try not saving anytime during allocation of air support in Naval combat. If you are searching in an area and sending the save to your opponent to allocate air interception or Nav's to a sea zone you will get problems. Ask your opponent for how to allocate air and only save game between naval search rounds. The same goes for port attacks, just ask your opponent what he wants to intercept with. If you don't you end up with lots of problems.

Its the same when doing final production and the settings you made change. Try complete your opponents and your own in the one go before saving. I actually do allied final production during Breakdowns which is the step before final. It allows you to redirect lent resources and choose factories for lending BP and they don't change.
herbertx

Post by herbertx »

was playing solitaire - single player
composer99

Post by composer99 »

I have the same problem whilst playing solitaire - the USN and IJN keep having drawn-out battles get scrapped because of the MadExcept errors, usually in between the non-phasing side AA fire and the phasing side damage.
~ Composer99

Return to “Tech Support”