Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theater 2.0

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: Titan

Ok, No worries i can live with that. So most likely they will enter very soon.. just saves me from spending Diplomacy chits

Cheers

Yep no problem, this is actually the vanilla set up as well.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Titan

Post by Titan »

ok..first time ive had it happen, Probably not a bad thing less time for French navy to do damage
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Hi again Crispy:

I still think Soviet morale is too high.

Is there a MOB4 script to hit their morale when they are DOW'd? If so it is not working. They should take a big hit off the top and slowly regain.

I have taken Leningrad, Kiev, Smolensk, Dnep and half of Moscow Summer 1942 and they are at 99%!

Maybe some additional NM cities with smaller hits....Minsk, Riga, Odessa?

It just seems too artificially high.

Just some thoughts. Seeing the US send troops to the Middle East was a great surprise! :)

Dave.

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi David, I haven't released the version with more dynamic morale on the Eastern Front yet (v3.0). Minsk, Odessa, Kharkov and Sevastopol were added as NM targets, as well as a host of other changes, which yes does include a NM script when DOW'd and measures for morale to improve over time.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Awesome.

One other thought that has always bothered me from vanilla is that Turkey seems to join the Allies in 1943-44 in every game even if the Axis control Sevastopol, Rostov, Moscow and all of Egypt. I even had Cyprus and Malta and they still join. Seems like they are eager to jump on a sinking ship?

Maybe some adjustments to move them away from the Allies in these cases? (I think they do for Egypt)

Thanks!
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I don’t think it is necessary, there are already events that move Turkey away from the Allies, like you mentioned (i.e. capturing Sevastopol) and their are numerous decisions for Turkish mobilization towards both sides, plus diplomacy is slower in this mod, at least when using diplomacy chits. Finally the most obvious counter is the Axis have more diplomacy chits then vanilla, with the inclusion of Finland. So if you really wanted to counter Turkish entry all the tools are there.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Upcoming changes for Fall Weiss Western Theater 3.0

Rationale for some of the changes are to:
A) create more dynamic National Morale on the Eastern Front
B) Speed up research, with the change in the game engine (no more breakthroughs) research was too slow
C) Give the USSR a bit more fight since the game has a target game end date of 1945'. They now have infantry weapons I and Advanced Tanks I to start, I have stripped USSR starting MPP so that they likely can not invest right away, unless you strip away Industrial, Spying or Fighter tech, which would really put USSR behind on these key categories.

1. New German National Morale Bonus upon entering war with USSR
2. New USSR Morale Penalty upon entering war with Germany
3. New USSR Morale Bonus for holding Moscow at end of 41' and 42'
4. New USSR Morale Bonus for holding Stalingrad at end of 41' and 42'
5. New German Morale Penalty for not capturing Moscow at the end of 41'
6. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Odessa
7. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Minsk
8. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Sevastopol
9. New USSR Morale Penalty for the loss of Kharkov
10. Amended German Morale Penalty for not capturing Stalingrad at end of 42', and increased the penalty and spread it over multiple turns
11. Amended Italian Morale Penalty for not capturing Stalingrad at end of 42', to slightly early date and amended popup text
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Allied Landings In France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and decreased the bonus by about 20%
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Allied Landings In France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for News of Liberation of France to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and decreased the bonus by about 20%
12. Amended USSR National Morale Bonus for USSR surviving into 1943 to no longer require USSR to hold any specific objective, and increased the bonus and spread it over multiple turns
13. Amended UK (AI) bonus units in Egypt
14. Added an Italian Infantry Division at Benghazi
15. USSR will begin with an Armoured Warfare Chit
16. USSR will begin with a spying & intelligence chit
17. Amended Soviet AI research scripts
18. Implemented a 5-5-4-4-4 research system (was 5-4-4-3-3)
19. Reduced USSR starting MPP to 0
20. Dutch and Belgium forces to begin with 2 entrenchment
21. Finland will receive 50 MPP the turn before the join the war
22. New USSR decision event for Strategic Reserves
23. New USSR decision event to strengthen Strategic Reserves

Not ready to release yet, if anyone has any further input now is the chance.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Finland IW chit costs only 175?
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

All of Finland's research is 25 MPP lower then the other majors, with exception of research that already was only 100 MPP. The change was made to be reflective of the Finland's Minor Major status, with lower MPP and smaller Army then the other majors.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I haven't figured out what to do with Finland. There doesn't even appear to be enough money to get them to forces they start the base fame with, much less have INF WEP 1, and forget about having lvl 2 like the rest of Germans (or other German minors).
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Hi Taxman, additional forces will deploy upon war entry. In late 1940 there is now a popup message which will let you know the location of these forces, which include the forces from the base game near Vybourg (variable strength based on winter war or not), the Garrison at Petsamo, as well as an Infantry Corps, Division and HQ at Joenseau, as historically the Finnish immediately marched Eastward into Soviet territory.

Finland can also receive additional units through the course of the war such as a Tank Division, Engineers, Anti-Tank and Artillery, as all are available via separate decisions (some conditional based on territorial gains or losses), in addition to possibility of German reinforcements sent to Northern Finland through Sweden (If Norway is surrendered, and Sweden is Axis leaning to permit rail transport).

Finland will also have the decision to sign the Tripartite Pact or not, which shields them from the other Allies. There is a massive Swedish penalty if the Western Allies DOW Finland, so it is really put in the Finnish hands whether to go to war with all countries or just fight their own continuation war.

Finland should be able to achieve Infantry Weapons I by the time they enter the war, which is desired TBH. In the newest version (not yet released) Finland will also receive 50 MPP the turn before war entry (as there is always that one turn delay) which will help in strengthening the deployed forces if necessary.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Thanks for the info.

Does Finland's income go up if they connect a rail line to Berlin (aka Lenningrad falls), like it does in the base game? Or does it remain the same since they are a (cough, cough) "major power?"
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

It stays the same, however Germany can send limited convoy income to Finland, slightly more if Finland signs the Tripartite Pact. It’s worth clearing the strait as I purposely left a Soviet port adjacent to the Finnish convoy, gives the Soviet navy some purpose.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Norway also gets a boost right away by being connected to an Axis power though, so again there is reason to fight up North besides only Murmansk.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Hey Crispy:

I just wanted to post some thoughts about the Soviets and their ability to reach level 3 IW. I understand that the intention is to start them off (and the Italians) as lesser quality and that is historically accurate, however, I feel its very artificial and it just bugs me to see them at infantry weapons 3 when I'm at 2 as the Axis. I know that it's just to bring them in par but it seems cosmetically wrong.

When I created my MOD I took a different approach.

All nations had the same combat stats and can only reach IW 2.

However, I started the Italians and the Soviets in 1939 at 75% national morale. This would represent the Italian population's desire to stay out of the war and the effect of Stalin's purges on the Soviet armed forces. It worked out well. The Soviets and the Italians started with less effective units but their NM would increase as game events occur.

In addition, Infantry Warfare chits (representing for the Soviets and the Italians were increased in cost.

Just some ideas.

Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I like to think of it as the Russians starting at -1 INF WEAP, only that special units (those that have a max of 2, e.g. Shock Armies, Mech, etc...) get special treatment/early access.

The current system works, with a late game exception of Romanian units after/if they change sides are iut if whack with the ability to get to lvl. 3. But by then it really doesn't matter.

I don't want to hijack the thread so feel free to boot this out of this mod's thread.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Don’t worry about derailing the thread, especially talking about balance, changes etc.

75% is really low morale I think, and effects all the units whereas with infantry weapon manipulation you can still allow some units to be effective, like Soviet Tanks and Shock Armies, so the Soviets can plan and launch a concentrated counter attack at least somewhere in winter 41’ and summer 42’, as they did historically. This is echoing Taxman but I just wanted to say I agree.

Also with Infanty III, USSR will be delayed a little longer as desired, level 3 tech is slower then level 1-2 and there is no catch up bonus for that level as well. It is a delicate thing to tinker with. Lower Italian morale would also double cripple the Italian Navy which is already penalized with higher reinforcement cost, which was to represent a lack of fuel.

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Good points. Thanks guys.

1944 now and the Spanish offered the blue division for the second time? [:)]
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

There is only a one time decision for this, and only a one time unit. Just checked to be sure, I'm guessing you only met the prerequisites for this now.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Hello all, can you please let me know how research has progressed in your games since the Paznerfaust Update? Preferably where are you at around 43-45 This will help immensely as I try to tinker this for 3.0.

Thank you!
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”