Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sanderz

Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request)

Post by sanderz »

I am in the process of doing a mod based on Scenario 2 but beefing up the Allies a bit - one aspect of this is that the French agree to a slightly higher commitment to the Pacific Theatre but because of their production limitations they insist that the British will need to provide aircraft replacements.

e.g. for the fighter contingent.....
2*MS406 and 1*Po631 squadrons get no replacements of this type so will eventually need to convert to Hurricanes.

At the moment i have done a quick fix by just changing the upgrade path in the Air Groups section to cover all the Hurricane Models. Am i right in thinking this will work, even though its a "French" Squadron but replacements are coming from the "British" Aircraft Pool?

I realize this is far from ideal as the plane graphic will be wrong so i really need to set up a duplicate plane type. If anyone with graphic skills is willing to help with some artwork it would be very much appreciated. (i assume its just copy/pasting the French roundels over the British ones??). However its not just the Hurricane, there will be a few (about 6 maybe) other British/American planes that will need French/Dutch roundels.

Many thanks

Vipersp

RE: Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request)

Post by Vipersp »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

I am in the process of doing a mod based on Scenario 2 but beefing up the Allies a bit - one aspect of this is that the French agree to a slightly higher commitment to the Pacific Theatre but because of their production limitations they insist that the British will need to provide aircraft replacements.

e.g. for the fighter contingent.....
2*MS406 and 1*Po631 squadrons get no replacements of this type so will eventually need to convert to Hurricanes.

At the moment i have done a quick fix by just changing the upgrade path in the Air Groups section to cover all the Hurricane Models. Am i right in thinking this will work, even though its a "French" Squadron but replacements are coming from the "British" Aircraft Pool?

I realize this is far from ideal as the plane graphic will be wrong so i really need to set up a duplicate plane type. If anyone with graphic skills is willing to help with some artwork it would be very much appreciated. (i assume its just copy/pasting the French roundels over the British ones??). However its not just the Hurricane, there will be a few (about 6 maybe) other British/American planes that will need French/Dutch roundels.

Many thanks

Hi Sanderz,

Give me the list of planes u want to modify and I will take a look;

Cheers,

Viper
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

Thanks Viper, much appreciated.

I have not yet worked out exactly which ones i need but i will be in touch eventually [:D]

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

It should work.

Joe Wilkerson's axiom applies: "Test. Test. Test."

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”