TOAWxml Editor

Post new mods and scenarios here
76mm

RE: TOAW XML Editor

Post by 76mm »

Ooops, almost forgot the tooltips. For many values, if you hover the mouse over the text, you can get a tool tip about the parameters at the bottom left of the screen:

Attachments
EdEd05.jpg
EdEd05.jpg (84.68 KiB) Viewed 86 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I click on setup.exe to install the new version and I get this error message:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17763.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
clr.dll : 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17763.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.2/TOAWXML.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : TOAWXML.application, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=bb51667b7c9905d2, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\TOAWXML v1.2\TOAWXML.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ You cannot start application TOAWXML from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
+ You cannot start application TOAWXML from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.2/TOAWXML.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.16/TOAWXML.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.16/TOAWXML.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.2/TOAWXML.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/28/2019 9:07:00 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\TOAWXML v1.2\TOAWXML.application has started.
* [6/28/2019 9:07:01 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/28/2019 9:07:01 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
- You cannot start application TOAWXML from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CheckDeploymentProviderValidity(ActivationDescription actDesc, SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
- You cannot start application TOAWXML from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.2/TOAWXML.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.16/TOAWXML.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.16/TOAWXML.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/My%20Games/The%20Operational%20Art%20of%20War%20IV/TOAWXML%20v1.2/TOAWXML.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.
- Source:
- Stack trace:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

That didn't take long! [;)]

First I would try uninstalling previous versions--it looks like it thinks that this version is already installed? I'm busy ATM but will take another look later today.

76mm

Post by 76mm »

i just installed it and it worked fine...

One issue is that I went "backwards" in the version numbering...this is version 1.2, but a previous version which should have been version 1.02 was also 1.2, so if you are installing on top of that you might get an error.

Larry, pls let me know if that works.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I used Control Panel to uninstall the old version and THEN installed the new one without a problem.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

OK, great, let me know if you encounter any issues with the Event Editor, or have suggestions.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

So I'm trying to figure out which features to add next, some odds & ends. Here are some of the features you guys have brought up that I'm considering:
--some kind of indication when the changes are saved.
--info bar in addition/in place of tool tips
--unit view would it be possible to show the date after you input s turn number for reinforcement?
--Search function
--import/export OOB
--import/export units

I've already implemented the first two items in the event editor...if they work OK I might expand them elsewhere as well.

One of the features I'm looking at adding is Lobster's favorite, to import/export specific units. But when I tried to save a unit from the in-game editor, nothing happened...I got the file save dialog, pressed OK, but a .unt file is never created...I've tried this many times now, with the same result. Am I missing something? How do you actually create .unt files with the in-game editor?
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

It is broken in .21 and is fixed in .30 if that is ever released. But in .30 it will only work with newly saved units, not with any units saved pre .30. [:D]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Lobster
It is broken in .21 and is fixed in .30 if that is ever released. But in .30 it will only work with newly saved units, not with any units saved pre .30. [:D]
OK, thanks for the info...I guess I will put that feature on hold for a while yet.

I will try to implement this feature in due course but can't say for sure until I see the file structure and understand how difficult it would be.

[EDIT] Although now I'm a little nervous why it won't work with .unt files created under previous versions...hopefully there aren't too many changes to the XML file structure?!
[&:]
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

If I recall someone mention pointers at one time. When in doubt always blame the pointers. [;)]

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

76mm

Post by 76mm »

If I recall someone mention pointers at one time. When in doubt always blame the pointers. [;)]
hmmm, I don't even know what "pointers" are...must be some kind of C++ thing or sumfink.

In any event, maybe it is only a matter of how TOAW exports/imports the file, and the structure of the XML file itself remains the same or close to the same... I guess we'll find when/if .30 comes out.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

One other thing I forgot to mention: I will also try to add the calculated values such as unit movement and combat values, special characteristics, etc. Ralph said that he had no problem in principle with providing the relevant formula, etc. to calculate these values, so the main issue is when/if he will have time to dig up and send the relevant info.

And sorry to disappoint Larry and I'm sure others, but it will be some time before I do anything allowing the use of the map--the requisite coding would be orders of magnitude more complicated than what I'm doing now... I might look at allowing surgical tweaks to the map via XML, such as removing mud or snow, repairing/destroying rail/bridges, adding airfields, upgrading roads, etc.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

76mm

Post by 76mm »

yeah, just what I thought, some kind of old-school computer stuff. We don't need no stinkin' pointers in C# (heh, AFAIK).
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Yes but TOAW is in C. [;)]

Too bad it's so old.

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

There is nothing wrong with the C language, it was the first one I learned prior to C++ and Java.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Yes but TOAW is in C. [;)]

Too bad it's so old.
C++
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Which IDE do you use Bob? I know Java, C++ and C, been doing JavaScript for the last few years. Not sure if Matrix needs or wants anymore programmers or not.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Which IDE do you use Bob? I know Java, C++ and C, been doing JavaScript for the last few years. Not sure if Matrix needs or wants anymore programmers or not.

You could try contacting Tamas. showprofile.asp?memid=2218

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”