Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JohnDillworth

RE: Banzai This! John III (J) vs. Anachro

Post by JohnDillworth »

[/quote]
rotisserie marmot
[:D][:D][:D]
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
JohnDillworth

Post by JohnDillworth »

Not sure what the issue is. It's all in the release notes. I'd watch out for those Command Cruisers though

"Command Cruisers
While debate rages on about the new battleship design, a new class of heavy cruiser is initiated. The proposed Tone-Class floatplane CA is discarded for a balanced, more capable cruiser. These large cruisers are better called command cruisers. The Fukushima -Class grows to over 25,000 tonnes and carries 4x3 8" guns, heavy torpedo armament, impressive secondaries, a movie theater, Air Conditioning, and strong floatplane complements. These cruisers also have a fuel saving technology that is actually of an early version of the hybrid engine later used in the Toyota Prius….however, much, much more powerful allowing these ships to maintain a cruising speed of 40 knots for up to 20,000 miles without having to refuel. Since there is little need to carry much fuel the space saving allow the ships to host 2 SNLF “Imperial Emperors Guard” landing units and 1 “Iron Chrysanthemum” Coastal Defense Unit for impromptu invasions and occupations. Players should note that while the costal defense unit is loaded cruising speed will be reduced to 38 knots and torpedo reloads will be reduced from the standard 7 to 5 reloads. This is due to the weight of the 6 x 480mm guns, which are standard issue in Iron Chrysanthemum CD Units. As this ship is faster than every other ship in the game it is anticipated that it may outrun the range of defense air cover. Therefore it is fitted out with a “Bukkake “ Integrated Air Defense system (16 8x23mm radar controlled mounts). These fast, rugged cruisers are planned to be a six ship a year class. The initial two are complete at war's start, and another is added every 2 months until wars end."
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

ORIGINAL: Timotheus

I am missing the "I spotted two enemy AK and one AKL unloading on a south pacific atoll. I am 60 hexes away. Am flank speed going for it with my KB - I have 6 CV, 4 CVL, roughly 800 airplanes, just enough for the job."

Also the "The air fleet of 300 G5N2 Liz have started to bomb Panama canal from Tokyo. The canal is destroyed (possible in this mod!) and so further movement through it is prohibited." (uh, I feel that I have erred in this one, gave John an idea maybe I shouldn't).

And finally:
"It is 1943 and Japan is R&Ding the atomic bomb. Should come online in early 1944".

[:D] [:D] [:D]

All kidding aside, it is John's mod and all who play him know EXACTLY what they are getting into - an ironman mod where Japan has a hundred of new ships and planes types led by a super aggressive and competent AI

I think we must remember that this is a game, and it IS unrealistic (Japan routinely conquers China, anyone?). So why not make a fun mod to give Japan ironman scenario toys.

Someone wrote that John's mod was made specifically tailor made to allow John to play the game with his unique playstyle - hyper aggressive everywhere. The thing is, the answer to this is "duh!". OF course this mod is made by John for John, and it gives an experienced Allied player a very challenging and fun game.

ME, if I played the Allies in this vs John, would have lost San Francisco to a Japanese naval invasion in 1942 [:D]

I searched for Anarcho and John's AAR's because I enjoy Anarcho's AAR vs John a lot, to me the best AAR I have read on this game. Because of the mod, it is nonstop action. Sci fi Star Wars action but hey.

Thanks for the kind words! I am traveling at the moment, but hope to update more later.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

**Sigh**

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Return to “After Action Reports”