3.0.2.1 Weird white out on the Main Form

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

BrianJH

3.0.2.1 Weird white out on the Main Form

Post by BrianJH »

I've recently upgraded my PC to a high spec gaming system.

Now when I load MWIF I get this weird white out issue with the main form. I've tried resetting the the SLY files, even deleting the New Game.SLY file, having MWIF recreate it. That works for a while, but after making customization's to it, the issue returns.

Edit -- Yes, I have made sure, that things like the latest available video drivers have been installed.
Another thing I have noticed. Now the main form window cannot be resized. If we have to check for a hidden form by going down to the windows tray and doing a Windows cascade, this usually also resizes all of the forms to larger sizes, including the main form. Except now, you then cannot resize the Main Form back to a decent size.

Brian

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 158 times
BrianJH

RE: 3.0.2.1 Weird white out on the Main Form

Post by BrianJH »

My new system specs.

Brian.
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(13.3 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

Yet another issue.

When redefining my Screen Layout, I cannot manage to get the Screen Layout form and Map View list forms to sit at the extreme right hand side of my Display. Which is a standard 1920x1080 LCD Display.

I can manually move them where I want them, redefine the Screen Layout, and save it. when the game reloads, they reposition away from the right hand edge.

The best I can achieve is something like this.

Brian.

Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (64.38 KiB) Viewed 158 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Have you gone into the properties of the MWiF EXE and looked to see if anything has happened on the Compatibility tab?

You could try running it set for compatibility with Windows 8 and see if the same problems occur.

Another thought - try renaming the MWIF.INI file in the top directory to MWIF.INI.Bak. MWIF should then recreate the INI file when it next launches. Perhaps that got corrupted.
Paul
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Have you gone into the properties of the MWiF EXE and looked to see if anything has happened on the Compatibility tab?

You could try running it set for compatibility with Windows 8 and see if the same problems occur.

Another thought - try renaming the MWIF.INI file in the top directory to MWIF.INI.Bak. MWIF should then recreate the INI file when it next launches. Perhaps that got corrupted.

Thanks for the suggestions Paul, but they didn't really help that much.

The real weird thing that I see, loading MWIF the first time after system reboot, the main form displays correctly. If I then quit MWIF, and then start it again, the main form appears with the issue again as shown in post #1. Reboot the system, and load MWIF fresh, the main form displays fine. So, I tried a few older versions of MWIF. version 3.0.1 seems to work ok, but versions 3.0.2 and 3.0.2.1 seem to have the same issues with varying degrees, at least for me, with displaying the main form. I noticed with these versions the functionality to resize the main form was steadily being removed, partially with version 3.0.2 and totally with 3.0.2.1.

So, the simple workaround that I discovered to fix the issue, is to simply minimize the Main Form and then maximize it again from the task bar. This seems to redraw everything back in the Main Form correctly again.

As for the other issue with the positioning of the Screen Layout and Map View Layout forms to the right most side of the display, maybe that's something Steve will need to look at. It's annoying, but not critical.

Brian.

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: BrianJH

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Thanks for the suggestions Paul, but they didn't really help that much.

The real weird thing that I see, loading MWIF the first time after system reboot, the main form displays correctly. If I then quit MWIF, and then start it again, the main form appears with the issue again as shown in post #1. Reboot the system, and load MWIF fresh, the main form displays fine. So, I tried a few older versions of MWIF. version 3.0.1 seems to work ok, but versions 3.0.2 and 3.0.2.1 seem to have the same issues with varying degrees, at least for me, with displaying the main form. I noticed with these versions the functionality to resize the main form was steadily being removed, partially with version 3.0.2 and totally with 3.0.2.1.

So, the simple workaround that I discovered to fix the issue, is to simply minimize the Main Form and then maximize it again from the task bar. This seems to redraw everything back in the Main Form correctly again.

As for the other issue with the positioning of the Screen Layout and Map View Layout forms to the right most side of the display, maybe that's something Steve will need to look at. It's annoying, but not critical.

Brian.

For the Main form going white, ... you can usually just run the cursor over the while areas in the form and it will update correctly. Or minimize/maximize as you figure out already.

The position of the Screen Layouts and Map Views forms are stored separately for each major power. So to get them to behave as you wish, you meed to Redefine them for each major power (8 or 9 times).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
BrianJH

Post by BrianJH »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The position of the Screen Layouts and Map Views forms are stored separately for each major power. So to get them to behave as you wish, you meed to Redefine them for each major power (8 or 9 times).

Yes, that's the way I understood it to work as well, but what I am seeing is, even when you position the S.L. and M.V. Forms to the right most side of the screen, the settings aren't sticking.

It seems like I have to try a little harder to convince you that I see a problem with this. Let me run through it. I've attached my Custom.SLY and a Saved Game file for you to try. Selecting this layout will position the S.L and M.V forms as shown in Post #3.

For example, as the German Player I want to position the S.L and M.V forms to the far right hand side of my screen.

The current contents of the SLY file shows this position information for these two forms thus:-

-1,-1,1620,0
2,Custom,New Game
-1,-1,1620,82
30,Berlin,Algeria,Amsterdam,Atlantic,Balkans,Baltic Ports,Baltic Sea,Belorussia,Caucasus,Danzig,Egypt,English Channel,Fatherland,France,French Indo-China,German Ports,Lowlands,Maginot Line,Northeast Spain,Northern Italy,NW Germany,Occupied France,Oslo,Poland,Poland South,Skagerrak,Ukraine,Warsaw,Westwall,West Med and Gibraltar

So after moving these forms where I want them, I select Redefine Screen Layout. Then I save the Screen Layout back to the Custom.SLY file. Looking at the Custom.SLY file again I see it has updated the location values for these two forms.

-1,-1,1694,0
2,Custom,New Game
-1,-1,1694,81
30,Berlin,Algeria,Amsterdam,Atlantic,Balkans,Baltic Ports,Baltic Sea,Belorussia,Caucasus,Danzig,Egypt,English Channel,Fatherland,France,French Indo-China,German Ports,Lowlands,Maginot Line,Northeast Spain,Northern Italy,NW Germany,Occupied France,Oslo,Poland,Poland South,Skagerrak,Ukraine,Warsaw,Westwall,West Med and Gibraltar

To demonstrate the issue I am seeing, simply select another Screen Layout from the list, then select my Custom layout again. When I do this the S.L and M.V Forms are no longer at the far Right hand side of my screen, and are located as in Post #3 again.

Even though the SLY file has been updated, it's ignoring my settings. Same thing is happening each time I reload a Save Game. It re-positions the forms away from the far right hand side of my display.

Brian.

Attachments
files.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “Tech Support”