Bluestacks (it's a program). Thought I'd say it here

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

MrsWargamer

Bluestacks (it's a program). Thought I'd say it here

Post by MrsWargamer »

I have two threads going, and figured that out here on its own, it would be better to mention this program (which likely totally changes everything for me).

Everyone here likely knows of DosBox if not is a fan of using it. Bluestacks is Dosbox level of cool.

Now I can use Bluestacks (you likely know of this program, but I didn't yesterday) to massive increase my games options.

Bluestacks makes any game on your phone, your tablet, normally an Android program, accessible to your PC.

Now yeah, you likely are going to say "WTF would I want to play them on my PC?
Go ahead, just say it and get it out of your system :)

I agree, most mobile games, are NOT worth bringing to your desktop, unless, like me, you DO like the game, just don't want to cram it into a 7-inch screen experience even if it is touch enabled and all. I have big fingers :)

But, that looooong list of wargames by Joni Nuutinen for Android, on mobiles, doesn't actually NEED to be ported to PC. You just need to install Bluestacks on your PC and poof anything Google Play can give you, can be enjoyed on your PC (with it's much nicer screen size. I tried out Battle of the Bulge, yep, works just fine on my Windows 10 environment. Probably will work on any computer.

I just obtained access to something like 40 wargames at 6 bucks a piece (very amusing).

Why didn't someone tell me about Bluestacks earlier?!

And this goes equally for Tillers mobile games (I have a few of those, and the only flaw in them, is using a finger on his mobile games is less than simple).
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
zakblood

RE: Bluestacks (it's a program). Thought I'd say it here

Post by zakblood »

never heard of it tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Wow that sounds great. I assume your PC/Laptop needs to ne touch screen to play these games?
A Sharif
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no as it's a front end, same as most dos emulators, key board and mouse and some joypads, joysticks will be supported as norm
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I've been experimenting with a range of games, some are more cooperative than others. I think that's the specifics of the game, and not Bluestacks though.

The happy part, is my titles from Joni Nuutinen all work ok, and the Tiller titles also. Which is essentially a large stack of quick fun wargaming on a PC, which of course includes anything that runs Windows, which thus means laptops. Nothing like suddenly having scores of reasonable additional wargames to fiddle with when time is in shorter supply. Or location friendly like on a train/bus/plane, at the cottage.

I mean, somedays/sometimes, you just can't indulge a turn of our more large scale wargames without the use of a more realistic system ;)
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

never heard of it tbh
+1

I want to thank the site for NOT permitting less drama and more drama content on site, anywhere on site.

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I've used it on my Win 10 computers for a couple of years now. I don't play any war games on it, but my brother and nephew in Maryland play Clash of Clans so I can play with them and not try to use my tiny phone screen. Mouse and keyboard work well with them. My wife and I both also play a fun game called Merge Dragons via Bluestacks. Great for turning off the brain. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Thanks zakblood. That is great news, as my Laptop is not touch screen.
A Sharif
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Wow, this is a great find. I almost bought a tablet only to play Joni's games on something larger than my phone. And this is it [:)]
How big resolution can you get? And how do I transfer the game from phone to PC?
Downloading now...
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: rocketman71

Wow, this is a great find. I almost bought a tablet only to play Joni's games on something larger than my phone. And this is it [:)]
How big resolution can you get? And how do I transfer the game from phone to PC?
Downloading now...

Once in the application, you can go to the Google Play store and find the games there. You should be able to download them based on your account you login to google with. Not sure what resolutions are supported as I don't have it in front of my right now, but I think there are several to choose from.
Mike

rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

ORIGINAL: rocketman71

Downloading now...

Once in the application, you can go to the Google Play store and find the games there. You should be able to download them based on your account you login to google with. Not sure what resolutions are supported as I don't have it in front of my right now, but I think there are several to choose from.

Great, I'll try that. Just hope that login isn't needed to play games after downloading.
pkpowers

Post by pkpowers »

[:@]too bad it's for google play only ...I wanted to play Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal on pc using bluestacks but it's not on google, it's on apple apps store only ?
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: pkpowers

[:@]too bad it's for google play only ...I wanted to play Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal on pc using bluestacks but it's not on google, it's on apple apps store only ?

I don't use iOS devices, but maybe one of the emulators on this list will help you out:

https://fossbytes.com/best-ios-emulator ... ndows-mac/
Mike

rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

ORIGINAL: pkpowers

They are making a PC version of that game. A successful Kickstarter a while back. But you have to pay for it again so that's the bad part.
SubbuChand

Post by SubbuChand »

I think iOSEmus is the one of the best Emulator

Return to “General Discussion”