Pools Closed

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Korvar

RE: Pip From Slitherine

Post by Korvar »

Paging ny59giants....

Due to database error,

WingCmdr

Post by WingCmdr »

: )
WingCmdr

Post by WingCmdr »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Regarding the Danish National Orchestra rendition of two scores from The Good the Bad and the Ugly: First, is the "wa wa" singer a man or a woman? (Seriously) Second, the soloist is lovely but strikes me as having to try just a bit too hard compared to the original and to the recent renditions with Susan Rigotti (spelling). I've seen this Danish rendition two dozen times over the past few months, so these thoughts have been percolating for a long time. "Ecstasy of Gold" is one of the most beautiful movie scores ever.

Second, regarding "puzzled and puzzled until his puzzler was sore" is a narrated (by Burl Ives?) line in The Grinch.

This is an example of a respeceted member of the forum posting useless information unrelated to the start of the thread. This is this persons second post on this thread. No one would comment about the first post because it was so lame, so this 5 star Matrix person just had to jump in as soon as the pools open signal was given.
What a child! Just a piece of S*it.
jdsrae

Post by jdsrae »

One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.
Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Regarding the Danish National Orchestra rendition of two scores from The Good the Bad and the Ugly: First, is the "wa wa" singer a man or a woman? (Seriously) Second, the soloist is lovely but strikes me as having to try just a bit too hard compared to the original and to the recent renditions with Susan Rigotti (spelling). I've seen this Danish rendition two dozen times over the past few months, so these thoughts have been percolating for a long time. "Ecstasy of Gold" is one of the most beautiful movie scores ever.

Second, regarding "puzzled and puzzled until his puzzler was sore" is a narrated (by Burl Ives?) line in The Grinch.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

My brain hurts.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
durnedwolf

Post by durnedwolf »

I liked the Danish National Orchestra rendition. I would love to see this live; I thought the video well done. :-)

I agree with you in that the "Ecstasy of Gold" is a really swell movie score.

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

OK, this is getting out of hand, so I'll have to bring this to an end with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUXM137WneI

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

OK, this is getting out of hand, so I'll have to bring this to an end with this:

Hey that's not the original Beep Beep song -this one is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7hch0wQD1w
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.
Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Ah, the timeless wisdom of Abe Simpson. [8D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Tuco: [takes note off of dead body] "See you soon...id..id..."

Blondie: [snatches note from Tuco, reads remainder] "Idiots. It's for you."

Best line in that movie. [8D]
durnedwolf

Post by durnedwolf »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Hey that's not the original Beep Beep song -this one is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7hch0wQD1w

Thanks for sharing that BBfanboy. I haven't heard that song in years. :-)

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Since we're now posting music, I'll raise everyone with Gunship. Best viewed fullscreen, 1080p, and loud:

FLY FOR YOUR LIFE
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

That was good Korvar, but it is really good at 2560 x 1600, and of course loud.
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

That was good Korvar, but it is really good at 2560 x 1600, and of course loud.

I bet it is! [:D]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Tuco: [takes note off of dead body] "See you soon...id..id..."

Blondie: [snatches note from Tuco, reads remainder] "Idiots. It's for you."

Best line in that movie. [8D]
+1

Attachments
adios.gif
adios.gif (499.34 KiB) Viewed 34 times
durnedwolf

Post by durnedwolf »

Alright Kovar - you're on!

BEANZ

1080p and loud will work. [:D]
Attachments
Beans.jpg
Beans.jpg (82.24 KiB) Viewed 33 times

DW

WingCmdr

Post by WingCmdr »

This thread is closed. Every person who posted on the second page trashed me on the first. You are a all a piece of s
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

all forums and comments are moderated, if you have something else to add, please feel free to email it to support who will answer or pass on your issue to admin
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
WingCmdr

Post by WingCmdr »

I agree and will adhere to the forum policies. Can you please lock the thread?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”