Game very slow when moving units

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
TOAWxIVxMaster

Game very slow when moving units

Post by TOAWxIVxMaster »

Hi,

I justed wanted to start the Taiwan 2016 scenario - which looks great - but now I am a little bit disappointed. Every time I move a ship of the PRChina forces, its really slow. Moving the ships takes a whole second per hex. Moving 60 hexes -> costs 1 minute. How to speed this up?

Best
TOAWxIVxMaster
larryfulkerson

RE: Game very slow when moving units

Post by larryfulkerson »

It depends on what operating system you are running. I'm doing WIN10 and I've found that running the game engine in compatability mode
as if it were WIN7 makes the game a lot more playable. Also, you can press the space bar and THEN move the unit. It will move a lot
faster. Also, the caplocks key will accellerate it too.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

If the Toaw IV Master doesn't know, how are we supposed to know?

lol! Just kidding. Also, check your Advanced Player Options, there is one called No Delay and another called Animation Movement Timer. Tinkering with those may help you out.
Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

When I was getting this problem, I turned a lot of stuff off (and NODELAY equal ON) .... if you don't use these things, turning them might also help

TOAWLOG <OFF>
SITREP LOG <OFF>
PNG GRAPHICS <OFF>

NODELAY <ON>

I didn't mess w/ animation speed, only those settings. Seemed to help. YMMV!!
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Try turning the sound off in the respective menu option

If the slowness improves, edit opart.ini and text oldsound=Y and try again, now with sound on

Oldsound=Y solved this for me

Regards
Former AJE team member

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”