Does it crash like WON

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

coachi

Does it crash like WON

Post by coachi »

Hi,

Thinking of buying this game, but am afraid because WON constantly crashes on startup since window upgrades. (Actually, doesn’t even start now.) Will this do the same?
zakblood

RE: Does it crash like WON

Post by zakblood »

if you done a upgrade, what ever was wrong on your previous version of windows can still be wrong on the new version.

if you have done a clean install of a newer operating system, so not a upgrade, then no error's are ported.

when a app or program worked on a previous version of windows doesn't work on a new upgraded one, normally that's because of the newer version not have the pre requisites installed on the newer version, so uninstalling and reinstalling and adding the same pre requisites will fix it
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

so in other words, if your taking about windows 10, game works fine as long as you follow the simple rule of making sure you install as admin and run as admin and install the pre requisites to any game which needs them
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

I've had this problem before running AGEOD games on Windows 10 but I don't understand the 'Admin' rule, although it usually crops up when I am playing it through steam. I am the sole user of this PC and it's very frustrating when it tells me I don't have permission to get a file in the middl e of the game turn!

Return to “Civil War II”