Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
demyansk

RE: Fall Weiss II

Post by demyansk »

This mod is released in the game?
guuzidi

Post by guuzidi »

Hi guys!

First and foremost, due to the fact that it's my first post on the SC:WiE forum, hello everybody :) It's really great to be here.

I have a newbie question (I bought the SC:WiE just few days ago). Is it possible to use any other counter mod with Fall Weiss II? I realized it's no so easy, due to the fact that in Fall Weiss II we have a modified unit structure (please, fell free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Bearing in mind the above - is it possible to use for example Iron Cross 2D Counter Mod? If it is necessary, will I be able to modyfi (just for my personal use) Fall Weiss II in orderd to restore vanilla units structure just in order to make using another counters possible (if yes, how to do that)?

Thank you in advance for any answer :)
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I am still playing the 9.1 version that came with the community pack
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: demyansk

I am still playing the 9.1 version that came with the community pack

That is a very dated version, I think I finished the mod at version 20. From my understanding the final version (20) is included in the v1.16 update from the developers.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: guuzidi

Hi guys!

First and foremost, due to the fact that it's my first post on the SC:WiE forum, hello everybody :) It's really great to be here.

I have a newbie question (I bought the SC:WiE just few days ago). Is it possible to use any other counter mod with Fall Weiss II? I realized it's no so easy, due to the fact that in Fall Weiss II we have a modified unit structure (please, fell free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Bearing in mind the above - is it possible to use for example Iron Cross 2D Counter Mod? If it is necessary, will I be able to modyfi (just for my personal use) Fall Weiss II in orderd to restore vanilla units structure just in order to make using another counters possible (if yes, how to do that)?

Thank you in advance for any answer :)

it would be a lot of work, as you would have to review the unit scripts, decisions, bitmaps, and consider the balance once again.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

Crispy - Any plans to build a mod for WaW?

Not at this time, I haven't had a chance to play a full game of SC for a few months! I'm sure it is something I will look at in the future.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Titan

Post by Titan »

Not sure on others experience, My first game im finding the wheels are starting to fall off the Axis warm machine as income around 600 for German and the soviets on there own are around 900 odd with Germans getting bashed and just cant compete
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Generally the AI has a lot of help, but in my experience it's really all I can do to help the AI match history. As an example right now I am playing an AI match and I will report where I am.

I played a very standard match, Poland>Norway>Low Countries>France>Greece>Yugoslavia>USSR, and I have not committed any German units other then the DAK to North Africa. Basically following the historical script exactly. I declared war on USSR the final turn of May 1941. AI settings are on max.

It is now the beginning of the turn December 31, 1941 and I am pretty close to achieving historical results (See below). Unfortunately the AI will always need extras to make a game of it. Perhaps if you are unfamiliar with the AI getting so much help it will be difficult the first couple of games, but I would see that as a bonus as I purposely tried to make the AI challenging however I could, as it will never compare to a PBEM opponent in a balanced arena.

Hi Titan, I digged up this post as I heard some similar feedback in the past. However I typically find results like the above when I have played. The AI gets a lot of help, but if you focus your attack on the USSR you should succeed.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Does this work on 1.16?
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Yes it is in the Community Pack DLC
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I'm planning an update to Fall Weiss II, after the big patch by the developers I'm a bit rejuvenated to revisit and start playing again. As I was porting the Mod to WaW I realized I like this scenario much more.

Multiple changes from the developer patch I want to incorporate as they are well thought improvements (i.e. increase cost of Mechanized [Corps], increased fortification entrenchment, reduced aircraft defense bonus against infantry attacks etc.)

I have some ideas for tweaks and new events as well but I am open to any feedback on what could be improved. I've toyed with the idea of adding back in Romania as a (minor) Major again however I think they feel right as a German minor, so I'd like to leave that off the table.

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Arthurius

Post by Arthurius »

Great news!
crispy131313

RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0

Post by crispy131313 »

For version 21 I've made a change to Spain.

I've felt Spain tips the scales too much so I've made some big changes. Spain, which was very dependent on American imports will now experience general supply issues after joining the Axis (10% chance per turn), which when occurred will effect the Northern region which connects the country to Berlin by rail, effectively reducing overall Supply of the entire Iberian Peninsula, and thus total MPP collected will be unpredictable and quick rail between Madrid and Berlin will not always be an option.

Secondly, beginning in June 1943 Spain will abandon the Axis and switch to the Allies if the Allies hold Washington, London, Moscow, Paris, Algiers and Bordeaux. This event will only trigger if Spain had joined the Axis prior to American entry into the war. This caveat will avoid any gamey abuse of the rule, and reflects an altered political arena then when Spain joined the war initially.

Is this change for the better?

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I’m leaning towards making it a 50/50 Chance, so that it’s not a calculated maneuver to have Spain switch sides.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Updated list of changes for version 21.0 (still in process)

- Reduced German Paratrooper build limit by 1 (Can still obtain 3 total with assistance of Decisions)
- Increased German Infantry Division build limit by 4
- Reduced German Railway Gun build limit to 0 (Gustav is still available by decision)
- USSR begins with Infantry weapons 1 (due to slower upgrade increments of level 2 & 3 research and reduced chance of breakthrough this should allow for USSR to be more competitive in 1942)
- Removed USSR Infantry Weapons chit
- Removed USSR Production Technology chit
- Spain will encounter general supply shortages post war entry
- New decision event re: German motorized infantry in East Africa
- New decision event for USSR re: German-Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement
- Amended costs for various Diplomatic Decision Events
- Amended USSR Research (AI)
- Amended USSR Purchases (AI)
- Increased Germany Industry Tech to 200 MPP
- Generally reduced Finland Research costs
- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands beginning in June 1943
- US Reinforcements will arrive at Kuwait if Egypt surrenders (AI only)
- British Empire reinforcements (India) will arrive at Basra upon British defeat in Egypt
- Malta effect to begin August 1940
- Crete will now apply similar (Malta) supply effects to Axis controlled regions East of Tobruk
- Increased % chance of USSR Reserves deploying at Moscow, Stalingrad, Leningrad from 20% to 40% per USSR turn
- Added Popup for Finnish Unit Deployment upon war entry
- Added Popup advice re: Turkish-Anglo-French treaty 1939

Changes copied from Panzerfaust update:
- Chance of all types of Transport retreating increased to 75%, with the potential retreat range for Transports and Amphibious Transports (Long Range) increased from 2 to 3 hexes.
- Aircraft occupying Marsh or Mountain now benefit less from the terrain’s defensive bonus if they are attacked by infantry or armoured units
- The cost of Mechanized units has been increased from 200 to 250 MPPs
- Cost of Coastal Guns doubled from 100 to 200 MPPs so as to increase their repair costs
- The cost of Motor Torpedo Boats reduced from 100 to 75 MPPs
- The cost of the UK’s Fighters has been reduced from 250 to 225 MPPs
- O.S.S. Strength scripts’ effects increased
- Italy’s National Morale will now fall by 5,000 points if Germany surrenders, providing Italy is still on the Axis side
- If the UK moves its capital to Canada then Halifax Town and Port no longer switch ownership to the UK, instead Yarmouth does.
- Removed the mention of Vichy from the Unit script for the deployment of the Lorraine Battleship
- National Morale script boosting Soviet morale when France is liberated no longer requires Moscow to be in Allied hands when it fires, but it does now require Paris to be in Allied hands
- The wording of the Soviet National Morale boosts when Allied forces are in France and Italy amended, so they will also feel right when these forces haven’t landed but have instead marched into France or Italy from elsewhere
- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research and the 1939 and 1940 Strategy Guides have been updated to reflect that
- Patton’s base rating increased from 6 to 7
- Fortification’s Maximum Entrenchment increased from 3 to 4
- DE 619 now provides 4 rather than 2 Volksgrenadier Corps, and their formation boosts German National Morale by 5,000 rather than 2,500 points

Changes pending:
- May make Spain switching sides a variable
- Developing DE to have USSR invest MPP domestically after Germany is being pushed out of the country, to turn excess MPP into NM
- More advice popups related mainly to diplomacy for a more transparent experience
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

roy64

Post by roy64 »

Updated list of changes for version 21.0 (still in process)

- Reduced German Paratrooper build limit by 1 (Can still obtain 3 total with assistance of Decisions)
- Reduced German Railway Gun build limit to 0 (Gustav is still available by decision)
- USSR begins with Infantry weapons 1 (due to slower upgrade increments of level 2 & 3 research and reduced chance of breakthrough this should allow for USSR to be more competitive in 1942)
- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands beginning in June 1943
- British Empire reinforcements (India) will arrive at Basra upon British defeat in Egypt
- Crete will now apply similar (Malta) supply effects to Axis controlled regions East of Tobruk
- Increased % chance of USSR Reserves deploying at Moscow, Stalingrad, Leningrad from 20% to 40% per USSR turn

- Chance of all types of Transport retreating increased to 75%, with the potential retreat range for Transports and Amphibious Transports (Long Range) increased from 2 to 3 hexes.
- Aircraft occupying Marsh or Mountain now benefit less from the terrain’s defensive bonus if they are attacked by infantry or armoured units
- Cost of Coastal Guns doubled from 100 to 200 MPPs so as to increase their repair costs
- Italy’s National Morale will now fall by 5,000 points if Germany surrenders, providing Italy is still on the Axis side
- If the UK moves its capital to Canada then Halifax Town and Port no longer switch ownership to the UK, instead Yarmouth does.
- Removed the mention of Vichy from the Unit script for the deployment of the Lorraine Battleship
- National Morale script boosting Soviet morale when France is liberated no longer requires Moscow to be in Allied hands when it fires, but it does now require Paris to be in Allied hands
- The wording of the Soviet National Morale boosts when Allied forces are in France and Italy amended, so they will also feel right when these forces haven’t landed but have instead marched into France or Italy from elsewhere
- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research and the 1939 and 1940 Strategy Guides have been updated to reflect that
- DE 619 now provides 4 rather than 2 Volksgrenadier Corps, and their formation boosts German National Morale by 5,000 rather than 2,500 points

Changes pending:
- May make Spain switching sides a variable
- Developing DE to have USSR invest MPP domestically after Germany is being pushed out of the country, to turn excess MPP into NM
- More advice popups related mainly to diplomacy for a more transparent experience

I was just about to start a new game but after seeing this I think I'll wait for this update, how long do you think it will be until its ready crispy?
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Probably very soon, I've already scripted the USSR MPP to NM scripts and am already fatigued now. More popups are probably going to be for a future version, i'm ready to play this and test out. I can send you a Dropbox link if you would like to play test solo or a PBEM match. I usually play through a campaign before I release to make sure nothing wonky happens.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

roy64

Post by roy64 »

Probably very soon, I've already scripted the USSR MPP to NM scripts and am already fatigued now. More popups are probably going to be for a future version, i'm ready to play this and test out. I can send you a Dropbox link if you would like to play test solo or a PBEM match. I usually play through a campaign before I release to make sure nothing wonky happens.
I'll play test a solo game for you.
crispy131313

Fall Weiss II Western Theatre 1.0

Post by crispy131313 »

Dropbox Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5wd6crk7dnl9 ... 0.zip?dl=0

Updated list of changes for new version released Fall Weiss II - Western Theatre 1.0

- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands, And there are less then 4 German units with 6 hexes of Madrid beginning in June 1943
- UK Engineers arrive in Egypt slightly earlier (AI)
- USSR can only begin purchasing Mechanized Divisions/Corps beginning July 1, 1941
- Blocked Axis diplomacy in Saudi Arabia

- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

roy64

RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theatre 1.0

Post by roy64 »

The download is not working I don't think it uploaded properly.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”