UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding.
KG_Brandenburg

UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

ve been updating several CC3 mods to work with COI.. I have about finished the 1st mod which is PACIFIC MOD or PACMOD for short.. For the most part it was easy exept for a bit of confusion over the mod swap plugin.. NO!! Not the scripts aspect of it which is childsplay but I built them like the old zeppo plug-ins.. There is a slightly different way to zip them that I did not immediately catch but now that is worked out

My problem is directed at other modder .. For reasons that are obvious , I had to edit the COI EXE in hex editor which I did to fix one problem.. But I have another problem that im at a loss .. Fixing the problem is no issue but finding it is giving me fits..

Where and the hell is the Combat messages that are in the battle screen stored? I thought it would be in Gadgets1 which has all the battlescreen GUI images or that it was in the EXE.. I even checked the DLL. Ive searched both the EXE and DLL in a hex editor with key words and various permutations of those key words.. I rarely ask for any CC modding help as I can generally figure stuff out myself but this one of those times i need a bit of assistance

Here is a screenshot.. Once this issue is resolved, the Pacific Mod will be done.
After Pacmod is complete.. France '40 and Afrika are on the todo list

Thx for any help

Neil

Attachments
uo00aa.jpg
uo00aa.jpg (69.15 KiB) Viewed 407 times
KG_Brandenburg

RE: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

Problem solved and pacmod for COI is done..

Ill ask for upload permission to CloseCombatSeries when I have all 3 mods updated
RyanCrierie

RE: UPDATING CC3 Mods to COI but have an issue

Post by RyanCrierie »

Any update on this? I can provide hosting space.

Return to “Cross of Iron Modding”