empty folders

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Essro

empty folders

Post by Essro »

Just recently purchased TOAWIV through steam.

Installed on a window 7 machine in order to start finally converting my TOAWIII scenarios and had all sorts of quirky things happening so I thought it better to install it on my windows 10 machine instead.

Okay, runs a lot better on the Win 10 machine but I cannot figure out where files are. The folders appear to be empty.Having made no changes the path appears to be PC>Documents>My Games>The Operational Art of War IV> Scenarios>*any folder and its empty. I think its a steam issue since I tried searching for a solution but all I came up with was "must install as admin." Well, near as I can tell I am the admin on this computer.

I know they are there somewhere. Please advise.

note: I am primarily a Mac user so forgive my windows noobness
Curtis Lemay

RE: empty folders

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Sounds like what is being discussed in this thread:

tm.asp?m=4602956
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

The scenario files are in the game install directory, so for a default install it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios
(maybe with a "Matrix Games" in there, not sure)

For Steam this would be something like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios

The editor for some reason opens in the Documents\Scenarios folder which by default is empty. It's supposed to be used for user-made scenarios.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
Essro

Post by Essro »

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

The scenario files are in the game install directory, so for a default install it would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios
(maybe with a "Matrix Games" in there, not sure)

For Steam this would be something like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Operational Art of War IV\Scenarios

The editor for some reason opens in the Documents\Scenarios folder which by default is empty. It's supposed to be used for user-made scenarios.

Thanks! As always the TOAW community comes through. That steam path is the one I need.

Return to “Tech Support”