SigInt Report

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AleRonin

RE: SigInt Report

Post by AleRonin »

Thanks again for the useful infos!
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Coming late on the "kitchen sink" topic - first time I came across this colloquialism was in a funny anecdote in Ryan's book "A bridge too far". Going from memory so the exact details may differ, but there you go: A group of British paratroopers are taking cover from heavy shelling in the large basement room of a building situated near the famous bridge at Arnhem. German artillery, mortars and tanks are plastering the area. One guy observes "Gee, the Jerries are throwing everything at us but the kitchen sink!". A moment later a loud explosion on the floor above, the roof in the far corner of the room collapses and among bricks, timber beams and debris a kitchen sink is coming crashing down. After the dust settles the same guy comments dryly "Good Lord, I knew the bastards were close, but I didn't know they are so close they can hear us talking!" Love the British phlegm!
AleRonin

Post by AleRonin »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Coming late on the "kitchen sink" topic - first time I came across this colloquialism was in a funny anecdote in Ryan's book "A bridge too far". Going from memory so the exact details may differ, but there you go: A group of British paratroopers are taking cover from heavy shelling in the large basement room of a building situated near the famous bridge at Arnhem. German artillery, mortars and tanks are plastering the area. One guy observes "Gee, the Jerries are throwing everything at us but the kitchen sink!". A moment later a loud explosion on the floor above, the roof in the far corner of the room collapses and among bricks, timber beams and debris a kitchen sink is coming crashing down. After the dust settles the same guy comments dryly "Good Lord, I knew the bastards were close, but I didn't know they are so close they can hear us talking!" Love the British phlegm!

Thanks for sharing, now I know the birth of this idiom [:D]
ian77

Post by ian77 »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I think that he means that the Allies will take their entire battle fleet as well as a lot of divisions to invade somewhere. It comes from the phrase "everything but the kitchen sink" where anything and everything possible is included even if it is not necessary. It is often used for people who pack too much stuff for a two day trip

https://www.theidioms.com/everything-bu ... chen-sink/

"It is often used for people who pack too much stuff for a two day trip"

Save yourself some time from needless typing next time, and just type "Wife". [:D]

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Ha ha ha. Ain't that the truth....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

This is why it is important to have multiple large TFs be created at multiple large ports on the same turn as you create a CV TF at Pearl. If you don't and the only TF created is the one at Pearl the Japanese player has a good indication you're coming out with your carriers.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

This is why it is important to have multiple large TFs be created at multiple large ports on the same turn as you create a CV TF at Pearl. If you don't and the only TF created is the one at Pearl the Japanese player has a good indication you're coming out with your carriers.

That depends on where you base your CV's....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Axiom from Lao Tze: For your kitchen sink, get a granite one. That way, it will be too heavy to throw.

RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Use a trebuchet to throw a granite sink . . .
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Thanks, now I'm going to have to watch that movie again.[8|]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Use a trebuchet to throw a granite sink . . .

Or a large slingshot.
[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”