Corrupted SCE File

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
rhinobones

Corrupted SCE File

Post by rhinobones »

Recently was testing a hot seat game and after saving turn 12 discovered that the original SCE file had been corrupted. All of the formation/unit positions from the saved game turn 12 had been copied into, and replaced, the original SCE turn 1 starting positions.

Firing up a new game has all of the usual turn 1 player options, but the events and unit deployments are all advanced to turn 12.

Somehow the original SCE deployments have been overwritten by the turn 12 save. I saved turn 12 as a “save as” file, which is a normal, but the software seemed to think otherwise.

I have copies of the corrupted SCE file, turn 12 file and an older, but original, SCE file for analysis.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Shadrach

RE: Corrupted SCE File

Post by Shadrach »

Did you save the save file over the SCE file? The save file should have a .SAL extension, not .SCE. Rename the SCE file to SAL and you should be able to continue the game, and restore the original SCE file you have to the correct scenarios location.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
rhinobones

RE: Corrupted SCE File

Post by rhinobones »

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

Did you save the save file over the SCE file? The save file should have a .SAL extension, not .SCE. Rename the SCE file to SAL and you should be able to continue the game, and restore the original SCE file you have to the correct scenarios location.

Appreciate the response.

Continuing the current game is not a problem. The problem is that SCE file has been advanced to T12 conditions and any new game begins at the point.

The turn file was saved as a normal TOAW end of turn function so there was no mixing, or overlaying, of the SAL file over the SCE file. The SAL file was never in an edit mode so the possibility of saving as a SCE file does not exist. Its just a mystery to me which I hope the support team will investigate.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags

Return to “Tech Support”