airbase attack battle stats quetion

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Dave25210

airbase attack battle stats quetion

Post by Dave25210 »

Hello,

I wonder what exactly the numbers (red circled) in the screenshot mean?
I understand it has something to do with planes present at the airbase that is being attacked
but what precisely? Thanks in advance. Sample below:

Just noticed I placed this in WITW forum instead to WITE by mistake, apologize...

Attachments
airbaseattack.jpg
airbaseattack.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 148 times
Telemecus

RE: airbase attack battle stats quetion

Post by Telemecus »

They relate to the aeroplanes on the base, the aircraft described above it are those that were in aerial combat. The number on the left relates to how many ready aircraft there are out of (I think) total on the right. So it looks like your Dornier bombers encountered some I16s in the air, but is bombing some MiG fighters and I16s on the ground. If the action stopped there only two MiG fighters would be left, only one of which could fly this turn.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

Thanks!
ORIGINAL: Telemecus

They relate to the aeroplanes on the base, the aircraft described above it are those that were in aerial combat. The number on the left relates to how many ready aircraft there are out of (I think) total on the right. So it looks like your Dornier bombers encountered some I16s in the air, but is bombing some MiG fighters and I16s on the ground. If the action stopped there only two MiG fighters would be left, only one of which could fly this turn.
Saulust

Post by Saulust »

Also Dave if you look at the tool tip pop-up on the left of your screenie, the 15th SAD Air Base has (32/44) Det 5 and then lists the six air units on the air drome. That 32 is the number of ready aircraft out of 44 total on the air drome. If you count up the number of planes of the six listed air units you will get a sum of 32 - the number of ready aircraft, out of the 44 in total that still exist. Therefore 12 exit as damaged on the ground, but you can't see exactly which types with this tool tip here. Anyway if you bump that 15th Airbase with a ground unit or a successful ground attack forcing it to relocate you are guaranteed to destroy at least those 12 damaged aircraft.

Umm, Dave why are you bombing the 15th Airbase all the way down positioned next to Lvov with 14th LW air based Fliegerkorps VIII Do 17Z-2s ? [&:]
Dave25210

Post by Dave25210 »

Thanks for even more detailed info. I'm getting gradually more familiar with WITE, love the complexity and learning new things pretty much daily. Btw, just yesterday I realized that when I manage to ground attack airbases Im destroying those non operational aircraft as a result of hasty enemy airbase evacuations/relocations. Cool.

As for my Do-17s, I think I used any available aircraft to create multiple battle results with the stats that I was questioning, in order to compare and get idea of game workings.

ORIGINAL: Saulust

Also Dave if you look at the tool tip pop-up on the left of your screenie, the 15th SAD Air Base has (32/44) Det 5 and then lists the six air units on the air drome. That 32 is the number of ready aircraft out of 44 total on the air drome. If you count up the number of planes of the six listed air units you will get a sum of 32 - the number of ready aircraft, out of the 44 in total that still exist. Therefore 12 exit as damaged on the ground, but you can't see exactly which types with this tool tip here. Anyway if you bump that 15th Airbase with a ground unit or a successful ground attack forcing it to relocate you are guaranteed to destroy at least those 12 damaged aircraft.

Umm, Dave why are you bombing the 15th Airbase all the way down positioned next to Lvov with 14th LW air based Fliegerkorps VIII Do 17Z-2s ? [&:]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”