Full Screen V1.04

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

taffjones

Full Screen V1.04

Post by taffjones »

Hi Guys
Thanks for all your hard work in breathing new life into this game.
I have just noticed the new update and have played the BoB 1 day scenario it looks great, but 1 big question?
How can I get it to run in full screen on my laptop, I am running windows 10, screen resolution is 1920x1080.

But a quarter of each side of the screen is blank, my eyes aren't what they used to be and I would really like to make it full screen to help me see what is happening.
I am not the most computer literate so could you give me detailed step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance as I know some one will help me [&o]
simovitch

RE: Full Screen V1.04

Post by simovitch »

You will experience a performance lag in full screen mode with W10. Have you read the "what's new" pdf? We recommend you run the game through DXWnd for full screen:

DXWnd: After downloading and installing DXWnd You must first remove any compatibility settings in the registry. To do this, run DXWnd in "expert mode" and "clear the compatibility flags" from the "Tools" menu. You must also make sure the game itself is set to "full screen" in the game options menu. For your convenience, the v1.04 patch includes a DXWnd configuration file in the EDBTR main folder named "EDBTR.dxw" which can be loaded from the DXWnd file->import command and should set everything you need to run the game through DXWnd.

simovitch

taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Thanks simovitch
I will give it a go, But I really am dumb when it comes to computers.
If I need any more help (Step by step instructions) I will ask

Also I started the full Eagle day campaign but even though the sound is set to full I wasn't able to hear anything? is there anything I need to do to configure the sound effects?

Thanks Mike
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: taffjones

Also I started the full Eagle day campaign but even though the sound is set to full I wasn't able to hear anything? is there anything I need to do to configure the sound effects?
did you check the "SFX" toggle button on the side panel?
simovitch

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”