Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hubert Cater

RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin
I was running 1.15.02 on Steam and 1.16 on Matrix. Switched both to 1.16 I'm not sure they play well together. I had one very interesting game ('43) that I would have preferred to end. Not the end of the world.

To nnason's point.

Agreed.

The authors dedication to listening to players and improving the game is unparalleled and hope everyone focuses on that.

To Hubert: "No good deed goes unpunished" my man

[:-]

Thanks everyone, and we really do appreciate your patience and understanding on this one [:)]
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater
A request. I don't have this problem see, "You can have your cake and eat it too" earlier in this thread. But could you post the URLs to the code that are needed to take someone from their original install to 1.15.02. This is so they can have both 1.15.02 and 1.16 installed at the same time as I have. Thus they can play current and old games (1.15.02) and also start new ones at the new baseline of 1.16.

Let me see what I can do as I unfortunately don't control what builds are listed in the Members Downloads area, but I will pass on this request to hopefully get the ball rolling in that direction.

Here is a link to the patch https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnxq1rntc6wll ... 2.exe?dl=0

If I should not post this link just say so and I will delete it, but I don't think there should be any problem.

Edit: Forgot to say it's for the Matrix version.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
nnason

Post by nnason »

rjh1971,

Perfect!
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

First, I want to say the alterartions to the game has me hooked on it. I'm a picky pain in the arse gamer... and you seemed to nail all the 'complaints' I had for the game. REALLY loving it. Loved so much of it before, but a few of my nit-pickings got in the way. Very grateful for your efforts... Bravo.

Question though: been playing three games to begin my move up from novice at SC, I'm Britain in one game and my opponent is trying Opertaion Sea Lion... and I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a glitch or my inexperience.

My aircraft carriers are set to navy/Tactical and auto and they can attack certain ships (grouped about the English channel) but not others. Two carriers on same ships are given different results on whether they can attack a ship or not. Let me try to clarify a bit more. The airstrike cursor of one carrier flashes yellow but shows no results. I took another carrier and I could attack only one ship amongst many (a ship the other carrier couldn't attack)... I could also attack a port with that carrier. Weather doesn't appear to be a factor. Seemed very weird though... any wisdom would be appreciated as the game will likely swing on the next few rounds.
Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

I just made a Russian sub dive several times and it didn't take a loss. Wasn't that one of the changes?
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

Subs will now have a 25% chance of receiving at least a single strength point loss when diving from attack.

Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

Oh okay...thanks
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Just an update... my above comment was with the Steam version... I loaded my matrix version, updated and used it on my turn.. no problems at all. So, I'm seeing some glitches with my Steam version compared to my matrix one... All is good now. Maybe it's my comp. and the steam version, maybe it's the Steam version in general... Glad I'm back in buisness though.... :)
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I may have spoken too soon... loaded my matrix version all was fine... going through my round and my carrier could attack... I moved one to get close then neither could launch an attack on anything.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi ArmouredLion,

Difficult to understand without seeing the issue first hand. Is it possible to post screenshots? If not could you send me screenshots with a further description to support@furysoftware.com?

Hubert
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I'll make a video and post it on YT, then put the link in a reply tomorrow. Maybe I'm jackassing it up... thanks, sir...
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Hey, here you go... am I somehow jackassing it up? Or is it a legit issue... thanks! Link to vid below:

https://youtu.be/COxWs4Qg3RQ
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Ahhh some 'nice' fella' told me it's stormy seas... with an OMG. I do miss the days of board games when people were in arms reach. Didn't even notice they were stormy. Got it...
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

Just checking in to report everything is finally working. I do get a weird error when saving while using the editor but it hasn’t affected anything so what the heck.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Sooo, is there a way to have your modified graphics show up in the editor? I see no choice in the menues. Kind of important for modding.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: Hairog

Sooo, is there a way to have your modified graphics show up in the editor? I see no choice in the menues. Kind of important for modding.

I did not find such a function in the editor either. I'm afraid the "mod-selection" function has so far only effect on the game mode, but not on the presentation in the editor. The mod development should probably continue to take place via the classic installation path and only after the completion the takeover into the "Mod" folder is useful.

[8D]

Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Oh, too bad.
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”