Knights Cross 2D Counter & Map Mod Released

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
lecrop

RE: Knights Cross 2D Counter & Map Mod Released

Post by lecrop »

That's great, thank you [:)]
Curial

Post by Curial »

Hi,
Since the last update, the Knights Cross Mod doesn't work anymore.
It has been installed in Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Mods\<modfoldername>\Campaigns.
Actived in "Settings" but when I start the 1939 Storm over Europe campaign, it's vanilla not the mod.
IronX

Post by IronX »

The mod has been updated to v.1.1 and is now compatible with the game's Panzerfaust update. See first post for details and download link.

Remember to install the mod in the new Mods folder and activate it within the game's Settings menu.

Please let me know of any issues and I will address them asap.
jaggslither

Post by jaggslither »

Thank you for all your efforts to do such timely updates! Do you have just the update files for 1.1?
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Thanks for the update [:)]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
IronX

Post by IronX »

ORIGINAL: jaggslither

Thank you for all your efforts to do such timely updates! Do you have just the update files for 1.1?

Unfortunately, no. The latest game update required some significant changes so it was easier to just update the whole mod.

When WAW is next updated to include the mod manager, I will probably merge the two mods so there will only be one mod to download for both games and one update for both games.

Speaking of updates, I am making changes to the German fighters to reflect better the model and year it was available.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Installed both 01 Knights Cross and 02 Historic Flags into the Mods folder, activated both in the Settings menu but neither are taking effect when I start a campaign. Tried restarting the game from desktop after installing mods and activating in Settings but still nothing.

P.S. all of the above was on a fresh download of the Matrix (not Steam) version of the game updated to 1.16

P.P.S. when using the mod previously I just overwrote the main game files with the mod rather than putting in a My Games folder (thus effectively the base game was the Knights Cross mod)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
IronX

Post by IronX »

Weird. It works fine for me. I was using the Steam version, however. Overriding the existing files will work too.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Figured out where I was going wrong. When I extracted the zip file that was downloaded in to the mods folder it created a folder containing a folder containing the mod files.

Now I've got it working fine.

Thanks again.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks again for all your work on this mod as well as the continuing updates and fixes [:)]
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

There is a problem with the updated version of Knights Cross Real Flags, folder's name can't contain spaces in MOD's folder.

Other than that everything is perfect, thank you for an oustanding mod [&o]
IronX

Post by IronX »

Ok, thanks for that. I'll have it fixed today.
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

I have the mod installed, recognized and load, but only the Soviet counters are modded. What is going on?
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

Here's what I get, I redownloaded and reinstalled 1.1 five minutes ago.

Attachments
knightscross.jpg
knightscross.jpg (798.77 KiB) Viewed 548 times
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

budd

Post by budd »

That looks like two different mods for the counters. looks like Spires counters and IronX for the Russians.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Also the map graphics are not the IronX mod. I'd suggest a clean install of SG3 and the apply the IronX mod and see if that works.

P.S. make sure the IronX mod is installed correctly in the mods folder, scroll up in this thread to see the mistakes I made [:)]
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

ORIGINAL: budd

That looks like two different mods for the counters. looks like Spires counters and IronX for the Russians.

Yet I did a game-menu upgrade and have no other mods active.

IronX

Post by IronX »

Yeah, there’s definitely another mod there by the looks of it. If it’s not in the mods folder it must have been applied directly to the game. A fresh install of the game may be necessary to correct it. Also, be aware that the new mod manager installs mods alphabetically, so there can be conflicts depending on the naming convention.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

The one key advantage of the new built in mod manager into the game is that players no longer have to apply mods directly to the default files which could be a reason for the issue you are having here Steely Glint.

By applying the graphical mods directly to the USER Mods folder for the game instead, and then turning the mods on or off in game via the SETTINGS->MODS screen (and clicking on the check box to enable the mod in the right hand column of that screen) it preserves the default files for you, and allows you to enable and disable mods as desired without messing up any default game files.

The last part is key as it won't require you to reinstall the game (to restore the default files) if you ever decided the mod was no longer for you etc.
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

ORIGINAL: IronX

Yeah, there’s definitely another mod there by the looks of it. If it’s not in the mods folder it must have been applied directly to the game. A fresh install of the game may be necessary to correct it. Also, be aware that the new mod manager installs mods alphabetically, so there can be conflicts depending on the naming convention.

I did a uninstall/reinstall/reupdate and now the game and mod both work. The only problem left now is converting my user campaigns.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”