Problems with Steam 1.16 Update

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
MJY

Problems with Steam 1.16 Update

Post by MJY »

Dear Tech Support,

When I clicked on Strategic Command III tonight, Steam automatically updated me to v1.16. Unfortunately, after the update all my open/on-going games show as unavailable and there is a pop-up that says "This campaign has been modified or is not installed on your device (v1.15.02)."

Suggestions?

MJY
El Condoro

RE: Problems with Steam 1.16 Update

Post by El Condoro »

Go into your Steam library and right-click War in Europe, then the Beta tab. Drop-down list to 1.15 legacy and it will install the old version and you can play your games.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
MJY

Post by MJY »

El Condoro,

Thanks for the quick response. I had a little trouble finding the Beta tab, but once I did everything seemed to work. I have reverted to v1.15.02 and will catch up on my turns tomorrow.

MJY
Schokolokos

Post by Schokolokos »

Right Click to move/reinforce/upgrade and so on in Options are not turned on in standard game.

They should be on, probably some new players have problems to go find Options/Advanced/Right-Click Unit Action Menu
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Schokolokos,

For new players this setting will be on by default, there was just an issue with the game for previous installs that the new build corrects, but in some cases it resets this one setting only which was unfortunately unavoidable. Setting it back as you've described should resolve it and it won't change again in the future.

Hubert
fifthva

Post by fifthva »

I, too, am having LOTS of trouble with the update.

1]. ERROR MESSAGE
FAILED(input_text)
Could not find 'Text\EN\description.txt' file

The game crashes after showing about ten error messages like these.

2] When I went to save "1938 Calm Before The Storm" for 27 AUG 38, the program simply shut down.

3] The program takes FOREVER to "think". While the older version was slow, this version is TOOOOOO SLOOOWWWWW.
[PS. I am attempting to play the new version on the same work station as the older version, This computer is capable of running some very large CAD drawing programs.

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Fifthva,

Is this solely for a Community Pack campaign or for a default campaign?

If it is for the Community Pack, you'll have to re-aquire the Community Pack and update it for the v1.16 update, otherwise there will be potential compatibility issues.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
fifthva

Post by fifthva »

Hubert,

The 1.16 package came with the Community pack, or so I thought. The pack loaded the community pack in a normal fashion. It is wonderful to be deceived as many others are having LOTS of trouble with the v1.16.

How do I "re-acquire" the Community pack? If I have to do something that the "update" [more like crash] was supposed to do, fine. Let me know how and where.

In the meantime, test the updates BEFORE the customer becomes a victim.

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Fifthva,

To confirm, are you playing the Matrix or Steam version of the game? I may have incorrectly assumed you were playing the Steam version as there were those that were looking for Steam support for the game in this same thread.

Hubert

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

If you are playing the Matrix version of the game, the latest update does not include an update to the Community Pack. Unfortunately this will have to be downloaded and applied to update this as well for proper compatibility with the v1.16.02 update.

The latest version of the Community Pack can be grabbed from here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/714 ... unity.Pack

Just click on the 'Get Now Free' button to proceed.

Let me know if you still have any problems after that,
Hubert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

I would also recommend uninstalling the older Community Pack first before proceeding with the new one as well.

Return to “Tech Support”