Elvis Gold Records

Moderator: Hubert Cater

ElvisJJonesRambo

RE: Elvis Gold Records

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

Game #14
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allied) ---> Type of Victory: TKO-Referee Stoppage June 1944, Allied Masterpiece
Loser = ThunderLizard11 (Axis)

Overall Record 8-6
1939 Allied record 4-4
1939 Axis record 3-2
1943 Allied record 1-0

Pitched a gem, in this one. Western Allies couldn't have played any better. Conceding property with proper cause in Turkey, Middle East, and Southern Russia. Avoided Battle Losses in the Mediterranean Sea & Pacific Ocean. Russians took their usual beating, losing the Oil Wells, and slid behind the Volga. British Commanders liberated North Africa and later conducted successfully liberation of Denmark. Americans led by darling General George S. Patton conducted successfully landings in Northern Japan Islands early in the war. Massive amount of Troops flooded the island, holding for years. Japanese attempted to counter on the ground, but no. The Jap Fleet was encountered near the Philippines previously, an excellent game of Cat & Mouse. Slid Land forces and built the Pacific Fleet. Americans flooded the Sea Lanes with Destroyers, Subs, and huge amount of Capital Ships, setting the Rising Sun. Carriers conducted Operation Kickass in early 1944, devastating the Japs. Patton's ground forces in Northern Japan worn down defenders, very slowly, but costing MMPs as the Naval battle raged.

Back in Europe, British Flyboys firebombed Dresden and many more targets. British Tanks entered Germany from Denmark of a stalemate of fighting. Yank paratroops also took Western France. This was to the joy of the Russian people, who cried out and charged in the winter of 1943. No real significant combat, strictly charge and surround.

Germans ran outta gas,
-EJR
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #15
1939 World at War
Winner = sandyinlondon(Allied) ---> Type of Victory: Knee to the Japanese Navy Face, Allies Take Tokyo
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis)

Overall Record 8-7
1939 Allied record 4-4
1939 Axis record 3-3
1943 Allied record 1-0

We played this out to the end, on Sandy in London's request. Tokyo, Rome, and Berlin fall in the at order, game ends in Spring 1946. Germans decided to clear their Capital for Western Allies. Mysterious plane leaves for Sweden, couple of U-Boats off to Argentina. So what happened?

Germans did their thing, actually, quite well on all fronts. Game appeared to be rolling.....then, failure on the Japanese.

Late in 1941, the Japanese failed to land their Ground Troops off transports into Philippines. Just flat out, forgot :( Japs were taking the usual locations, Pearl Harbor, etc. Flat out forgot to DOW, land, and take Philippines. On the flip turn, Allies had Philippines join after all the other invasions, and were able to sink one of my transports. Oh well, it happens, gotta get over it. Game continues on. Japs reached the circle of their Empire and bring Naval units back to Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.

This is where Sandy in London got sneaky. He had some basic ground units from these Allied minor countries in the maze of little islands and Manilla, no biggie, I figured was I attempted to finish the job after returning. Couple Air Force units, low supply, shouldn't be a problem despite my neglect to DOW and take the simple country. After few rounds, I was having small Air battles. Germans were rolling. Sandy had secretly placed all the USA + Brits navies South of the Philippines, early in the game. After the face, I found out the USA was pouring MMPs into this effort.

Fatal turn(s). Japs got indecisive between Sailing to India and dealing with the Rebels. Fell into a full scale Naval & Air Battle. Yanks had Maritime + Heavy Bombers + Air Support where I didn't, the dead zone West of Philippines. I have assed my Navy. Yanks scooped up couple Carrier kills. I fled. He chased many turns in a row. Yanks take down the Jap Navy. He got all the key units.

With the Japs subdued, the German cause really had little hope. Japs had zero Navy. Overtime I got worked over. Tokyo fell in late 1944 or something, doesn't really matter. We played it out, Berlin goes down in Spring 1946.

You lose the Jap Fleet for being sloppy, its a knee to the head.

Don't forget to land your invasion forces onto Philippines then lose your fleet with indecisive behavior after fact.
-EJR
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #16
1939 World at War
Winner = ThunderLizard11 (Axis) ---> Type of Victory: Russian Invasion in 1941 of Japan; USA won't join loss
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allied)

Overall Record 8-8
1939 Allied record 4-5
1939 Axis record 3-3
1943 Allied record 1-0

Threw in the towel, August 1942, USA won't budge, stuck at 22%. No MMPs for England. Even worse, no significant MMPs for USA. Declared war on Japan as Russia.

China actually was having a good game, putting up decent resistance against slow-rolling Japs. Figured he was upto some sneaky Jap strategy, spending all his MMPs on something heinous. When the Chinese flooded the Northern Port on key winter turn, I was lucky to only find a defending Jap garrison. Decided to send in the Chinese (this is a political corret forum, cannot call them anything else, but you get the idea). Bayonets and mass confusion capture a port, was very pleased. With the Japs upto to policial incorrectness, the Russians decided to roll the dice also. Joseph Stalin did DOW on Japan, after stuffing units in multiple locations. Was able to surge halfway thru Mandarin Peninsula, captured multiple key cities, had Japs in a tight spot. Indians, Africa, whatever, that was fine.

Only problem, in August 1942, USA was at 22%, wouldn't budge. Only collecting 125 MMPs or something disgusting. Figured USA would at least have their own MMPs or something. Never play tested. Russia/China/England vs Germany/Japan aint' gonna go well over 24 months. Germans got Lennigrad or Saint Petersburg if you prefer with some solid Luftwaffe Tacticals plus 3-Panzers. Russian T-34 ran into 4+ carriers from the Korean area.

USA stuck on 22% in July 1942, enough said. Don't DOW Japan with Russia.

I don't play test, I play.
-Legend
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #17
1942 Axis High Tide
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) ---> Type of Victory: Majority Decision, Spanish Arm Bar, Japanese Round House
Loser = Markiss (Allied)

Overall Record 9-8
1939 Allied record 4-5
1939 Axis record 3-3
1942 Axis record 1-0
1943 Allied record 1-0

Markiss is a great guy, high class. Really enjoyed this game and my opponent. Cannot say enough good things about him. Special place in my heart, may the Lord richly bless him.

Game starts out in 1942, we played the Axis High Tide based on the crowd's request. Markiss wanted me to have Axis. Neither of us had played this scenario, two virgins meeting in the night.

When I opened the game, I thought, thought, thought, thought. WTF should I do? Then the little bird delivered the message. It's 1942, Axis High Tide, what else is there to do? ATTACK. ATTACK. ATTACK. Japs went for everything at Midway. We sent everything. All surface ships, ATTACK. All carriers, ATTACK. Was able to blast Carriers Yorktown down to strength 1. Sunk some other carrier, forget, been awhile since the beginning. Japs took a counter-punch, but I definitely won the Battle of Midway. Emperor Tojo ordered Rising Sun Carriers to refit more planes and go right back to the Hawaiian Sea. There's really no choice in 1942. We had another Battle. Japs dished out damage and ran. Sneaky Japs.

On the ground, the Chinese pressed me back. Swarms of these dudes too much. We pulled back to Coastal cities, since the Pacific Ocean was more important. Outnumbered in Units is one thing, but not in experience. Japs, waited for supplies, upgrades, and leadership. After the Naval victories at Midway and the Hawaiian Sea, MMPs could be place into specific, solid Armies. The Chinese were given a dose of reality.

Lets switch fronts, discuss the war in Europe. In 1942, I thought about the situation. Only place where Germany had the upper hand, is Southern Russia. Panzers & top notch Nazi Armies started swinging. Looking for Russia HQ's. Bam, got a kill. Punched Markiss in the mouth. Germany had the momentum in Southern Russia. Only place I could hit him.

Egypt. Forget it. Tried an offensive in 1942. Why? There's not a prayer. I messed up in Egypt. First two turns I was way out of position. Markiss, could have knocked the sh_t outta me. He called off the dogs. I took this as free salvation. Completely left North Africa. Axis don't have the supplies nor a chance in Tobruk, Libya, or whatever. Everyone left, take it !!!! Was a smart move. Instead of some sand without supply, money was pumped into Subs :)

Germany tightened up the cheeks. Subs, wall defense, and fighters became the main stay in 1943. This dude was gonna land, to help Russia, but where? Allied ships really sniffed Sicily hard. Really hard. I tossed every ship and fighter into the boot of Italy. B-I-N-G-O, paid off. Top pilots of Nazi Germany went toe-2-toe with the Allies. Patton went All-In for Sicily, I got some luck. Cities held with strength 1 defender on a very key turn!!! Allies had to chill, Nazis dance. 1943 defense leaving Egypt and guessing Sicily worked.

Allies were not happy. Lots of power in the Mediterranean and stubborn. Ike, Monty, and friends rejected 1944 French invasion based on the failed Operation Sicily. Yanks whacked Spain instead. Lines were drawn quickly in what that Mountain Range is. I like the supply advantage. Nazis brought back some key infantry units and spent lots of money on Luftwaffen. The war was nasty for the Allies in Spain. We held.

Fast Forward. Eventually the Allies made progress, but it was slow, really slow with the Supply advantage and Luftwaffen winning melees. Dneipper River line held, U-boats raged. Nothing was given up, certainly not the punching power of Nazi Germany. So in 1946, Allies surrendered. Japs had chilled.

Trying to Get to You,
-Elvis
pjg100

Post by pjg100 »

You have a true literary gift, sir. Keep these AARs coming!
ElvisJJonesRambo

All good things come to an end. Had 10+ games still running. Resigned them all. Burn out. Too much time crunch. After overdosing on the game, it's turned into Axis & Allies where there is only one strategy that people are playing. The squeeze Russia strategy with Germany/Japan all out land forces + Super tanks has become a bore. Playing the Allies there's not much real strategy one can do. Russia is a complete sitting duck. China has no chance. The Yanks can do little on the ground. It's just "hope the Axis" makes a mistake.

Been fun.

Elvis has left the Building.

American Triology,
My Way,
Amazing Grace,

-EJR
HamburgerMeat

Post by HamburgerMeat »

Yup, that's why I feel the only way to really beat this Axis strategy as the allies is to bring the US into the eastern front.

Hope you make an appearance again sometime soon EJR. Hopefully things will be tweaked by then
Markiss

Post by Markiss »

Figured that was going to happen, no one can maintain a 10 game-at-a-time pace. Burnout was assured.
Come back soon buddy, we will be waiting for you.
Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..
eriador08

Post by eriador08 »

Too bad, you are a great and interesting opponent. At one point it is too much. Hope to play you soon again.
ElvisJJonesRambo

I'm still alive. And if you're reading this, you're alive, by normal definition. Haven't played for a year. Game balance has got to be better. Anyone game?
ElvisJJonesRambo

Elvis is back! Stuck on You. After a 1-year furlough from the game, time to return to sender. Year ago, the weather broke, could not justify playing 10 games when I should be golfing. The play balance was a tad off, wanna say version 1.02 had been released. That doesn't really matter. What counts, I'm here now, much like the Elvis returning from the Army, the '68 Comeback Special, or Las Vegas Hilton International. This is a new decade. Was happy to see I could reinstall the game, no problem. The world events provided easy motivation to bunker, and game. Starting my records fresh.

Game #1
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allied) ---> Type of Victory: Splash down donation in the Atlantic. Game ended May 1942, *key to victory: Won MASSIVE naval battle West of Gibraltar in 1941.
Loser = Stam(Axis)

Summary: As Allied Commander, did a reasonable good job with the French/British defense. Wanna say I held Paris until August 1940, was able to 'Ham & Egg a defense and successful escape of the British Army. Stam, my Axis opponent was difficult to get a read, what he was going to do next. Stam certainly knew how to play the Japanese against the Chinese. He absolutely steamrolled my defenses in the Far East. At the time of surrender, the capital was lost. Not really sure how he did so well in Japan, but sub par in France.

The game was won West of Gibraltar, I really stumbled onto a huge naval win. In late 1940, I had no clue what I wanted to do with the British, had a balanced ground game (Homeland defense, Egypt). Had no idea what he would do. I ended up shifting the Royal Navy to the Rock from both directions, and just happened to stumble into 6+ U-boats on the West, and the Italian Navy East of the Rock. I hit jackpot on the timing. Was really lucky. Smashed the Italians first, and surrounded the trapped WolfPack & destroyed in 3 turns. Took little damage, carriers carried the load. The Axis strategy was going to shove everything in the MedFront.

After the seas were settled early, the tormented Luftwaffe got obsessed battling of Sicily/North Africa. Bought great amount of time along with that delaying action in France. Russians had it easy.

Record 1-0
1939 Allied record 1-0
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #2
1939 World at War Naval Mod
Winner = Sparky0565(Axis) ---> Type of Victory: Japanese sank Yankee Fleet behind Japan, along with landing force of George S. Patton. Everyone wiped out.
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies)

Summary: First time EVER playing the Naval Mod. I didn't practice, didn't read rules, read changes. Got my ass kicked. Royal Navy was toyed with. Had all my ports raided, was unprepared. Ships/Subs that I'd normally destory, just ran & bounced. Royal Navy sucked this game. That wasn't the game changer, never is. Was rather frustrated, needed to do something with the British lacking. Took the entire Yankee Fleet and Patton's landing force for sneak attack behind Japan to help the Russians. Had to be a 1-turn grab of a Jap city, or disaster. Well, it was a disaster. The landing missed by 1-hit of damage against a Garrison. Some lacky Jap Cruiser "Screened" a good solid six pack of attacks. Did minimal damage. The "Screening" was something new, never experienced that. Japanese wiped me out. Regardless, was a crazy move. Was on title. Sparky played well, rather methodic. He took Russia in Febuary 1943 since their was no legit help from USA. British did nothing either. Fleet was garbage.

Game #1 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Stam = Axis)
Game #2 [LOSS] 1939 Naval Mod Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #3
1942 Axis High Tide
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) ---> Type of Victory by resign 1944 decision: Germans took Stalingrad, Caucasus, with pressure on Moscow. Allies bogged & frustrated in France. Japs hit Yankee Fleet at Midway & Iwo Jima
Loser = ratprince (Allies)

Summary: 1942 is Axis High Tide. Germans jumped off well, of course, on the way to taking Stalingrad and driving to the Caucasus. Moscow was held, but slowly getting worked, because of freed troops in Army Group South. Lennigrad had to fall back, but no damage taken. Allies came to France, Western ports very quickly and turned into a parking lot of units. Luftwaffe Air Units held the skies, with experience HQ and great supply. Bought Heavy Tanks of course. France was packed, no moment either side. Allies went suicidal paratroops, all waxed.

In Asia, Japs did nice damage at Midway. Huge Naval battle at Iwo Jima. Yanks should have backed off, first battle was an even exchange. Yanks surrender.

Game #3 [WIN] 1942 Axis High Tide (ratprince = Allies)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #4
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Marginal Victory for Allies, mutual consent to end & start new. 1944, Japan was in corner & Germans finally on their way back home.
Loser = ThunderLizard11 (Axis)

Summary: Had an incredible Allied start, could not ask for a better start. ThunderLizard11 did a delayed Pearl Harbor landing. On December 7th, Jap Carriers wiped out Battleship row. Japan decided to land Oahu on their next turn. Just some happened a well equiped Aussie Navy had sailed to the East; along with USA contingent of Carriers & couple Maritime spotters. Yanks & Aussies won a significant naval battle in the next 2-turns, sinking 3 or 4 carriers, and support ships. Have never had this good of a start to a game.

During the game, I was quite impressed by ThunderLizard's game play. Germany did not waiver! Nazis pushed the Reds all over the map, the entire game. All the way to the Gates of Moscow & even more scary, 2-hexes to claiming the wealth of the Urals. Multiple times I thought the game was lost. The only saving grace, the Americans had quick control of the Pacific. Problem was, I made multiple lazy mistakes, taking the situation for granted. HQ-Slim was killed at decision point & totally changed the ground game in Asia. Looked like I had things going good, but no, game turned into a meat grinder. Japs were picking off Chinese, and US Capital ships with long range Air on Japan. In Europe, the Germans pounced on Allied forces in France. Lots of body bags. Russians were beyond disorganized. Their one moment to shine was Finland, but bad choice of chasing banged up Finn Army into a icy swamped, hosed that frontier for long time. Getting Finland was a big deal, as the Urals in jeopardy. This allowed key units off the Northern boarder. Allies dumped units in Sicily, Greece & only distracted. We finished in 1944. Highly doubt I would have gotten Germany, meaning Berlin. Japan's Island would matter of time, no ships, no air, eventually. Japs still controlled China with their Elite troops.

Game #4 [WIN] 1939 Allied (ThunderLizard11)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #5
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Allies captured Tokyo in July 1944. Berlin taken in October 1944.
Loser = EvilMachtin (Axis)

Summary: Germans as usual a complete pain in the ass to take. EvilMachtin wasn't surrendering until Berlin was taken. This guy Blitz, London the entire game. Air Strategy. Great Britain exchanged, exchanged, and kept exchanging air casualties. I could have avoided, but figured, hey, at least it helped Russia. This guy pounded the Brits. Even with little MMPs in the East, Russians got pounded also. The necessary method to win, was beating Japan. Americans got ahold of Taiwan & turned it into an Air Base and worked over a cornered Nippon. If his Japan play was better, he would have won the game. It took forever for Germany to get weak. I dumped troops in Greece, France, Sicily, shores of France. Nothing but a splattering, because it was more about air & ports. I could hunker and buy time, since all Axis MMPs went into air.

Game #4 [WIN] 1939 Allied (ThunderLizard11 = Axis)
Game #5 [WIN] 1939 Allied (EvilMachtin = Axis)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #6
1939 World at War
Winner = ThunderLizard11 (Allies) ---> Germans tried early Belgium attack, caused delay. Got frustrated & overextended into France.

Summary: Still not a big deal, despite losing the Mobile Panzer 1-1-1 piece and a Corp. There was no reason to rush. Proceeded to go nuts with combined Italian/Nazi navies. Still wasn't all that bad. But I was getting drained of MMPs. Tried to steal a port with Paratroops in England for miracle, nah, found HQ & rebuilt BEF. Surrendered.

Game #6 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (ThunderLizard11 = Allies)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #7
1939 World at War
Winner = phantOm (Allies) ---> Italy surrenders in February 1941, did not know that Africa matters. Oh, well.

Summary: Had solid game going. PhantOm did some early slugging with the Chinese, he must have figured out I moved Jap HQ in the North, so I was weak there to overstack in South. Everything seemed normal, but apparently you must care about Africa? Italy quit. Then I had to.

Game #7 [LOSS] 1939 Axis (phantOm = Allies)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #8
1939 World at War
Winner = Sparky0565 (Axis) ---> His cookie cutter Panzers plus Maritime Bombers creating havic
Loser = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies)

Summary: Not alot Russia could do against the all Panzer strategy. Moscow surrounded by 8+ Panzers and Mech units. Allies tried to invasion via Spain, bogged. RAF got lousy constant rain on one-side of the Channel to coordinate an attack. Sparky did solid job using Maritime bombers at the Artic Circle and Pacific to spot and bomb.

Game #8 [LOSS] 1939 Allied (Sparky0565 = Axis)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #9
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> Wow, I barely won this game, thanks to a brave USA Naval landing on islands near and off Japan. He resigned in September 1944.
Loser = Stam (Axis)

Summary: I'm rather shocked Stam surrendered. He conquered China. Completely waxed China. The Germans convinced both Spain & Yugoslavia to join. Nazis had a massive infantry in Russia, which was sawing the Reds apart on the ground with attrition due to experienced Corps. Stam went very heavy with the ground Corps. He was stuck at the gates of Moscow with majority infantry. But he had Stalingrad and massive amount of experienced Corps. The Allies had half of France, but not Paris, but my troops were battered. What was the difference? I tried Scandinavia. British had couple tanks in Finland, help Russia, but not game winner. Yanks won this game alone. Taking Norway, and Denmark, and breaking into Norther Germany. Was gonna take long-time to get Air Support to close.

In the Pacific, the Chinese were completely trashed, destoryed, they surrendered. Stam went nuts on them. My only chance was to hope he put all those MMPs into Air/Ground against China, because I got waxed there. USA had to do something. We bypassed the majority the juicy targets after free Malaya. We emptied the kitchen sink into capturing Taiwan and Okinawa. Air Bases set-up. Landed on both ends of Japan, but Stam had massive Armies and experienced ones. Would have taken me a Year of game time plus, to clear out. He surrendered in Fall of 1944. Not sure what it takes for Axis to get a draw, but he had to be close.

Game #9 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Stam = Axis)
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #10
1939 World at War
Winner = ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) ---> 1943 the War ended by resignation. Gave Rudy the full court press in France; as he tried too cautiously to crush the French & British in 1940.
Loser = Rudolf Stiner (Axis)

Summary: Due to delays in the French defeat, Axis forces had to deal with an auxiliary styled Russian opponent. The Reds put significant artillery pointed towards Finland; and used the port to flank the Finns. Rudy tried to help by sending in top-line Nazi Commander and ground troops. The 2-way battle didn't help Germany, as Russian Heavy Artillery and Rockets bruised the Invaders daily. The Reds were able to hold rivers, then fallback due to the late Barby.

Eventually, rogue HQ + Army/Corp combo snuck into Romanian port after the cruisers distracted U-boat guard activity. I was lucky, must have triggered the "convert Romania" script, as they switched sides! That was game/set/match.

Game #9 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Stam = Axis)
Game #10 [WIN] 1939 Allied (Rudolf Steiner = Axis)

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”