Scenario complexity is generated by the editor

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
larryfulkerson

Scenario complexity is generated by the editor

Post by larryfulkerson »

I was modifying the D21 scenario to give the Axis side a tiny boost in their supply levels and I noticed that the game engine calculated how complex the scenario is and some info about it and wrote all that info at the head of the scenario briefing. Pretty cool, I think.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (676.96 KiB) Viewed 225 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Zovs

RE: Scenario complexity is generated by the editor

Post by Zovs »

Larry,

I have also noticed this, however I just did a brand new fresh install about a week or so ago of .20 (the new installer comes as .20) and then I patched it up to .21.

The scenarios that ship with the game all (afaik) show a Complexity and Units as x.xx and x/x, but older scenarios (from TOAW III or before) and those that were converted from pre .20 or pre .21 do not show the correct values, i.e. they show Complexity and Units as 0.00 and 0/0 respectfully. On my local drive I have had to re-open them and re-save them to get this information to show up properly.

I would hope that if there is a .22 patch that more scenarios will be added (the updated ones added and the older versions removed, for example FITE 2.0 and FITE 5.0, or D21 4.3 which is what shipped and D21 4.6, which the author just posted) and all the existing scenarios that do ship with the patch/upgrade will have the correct: Complexity and Units as x.xx and x/x showing for each scenario.

Right now I have all of my McBride scenarios updated in the correct fashion and a bunch of others that I downloaded and updated (even ones that others said they updated, but are not showing the correct Complexity and Unit counts).
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

I had not noticed that [8|]
Sometimes I don't want to play a game that would last for several nights.
I might be looking to complete it in a few hours.
Like WitP AE this game is going to take a long time to get all the info in my old head! [:)]
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Under complexity some of the huge scenarios should remove the numbers and simply use the infinity symbol. [:D]
ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I was modifying the D21 scenario to give the Axis side a tiny boost in their supply levels and I noticed that the game engine calculated how complex the scenario is and some info about it and wrote all that info at the head of the scenario briefing. Pretty cool, I think.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Definitely! [:D]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”