List or links of all mods?

Graphics, sound, and database mods.

Scenarios should still be posted in the main 'Mods and Scenarios' forum below
Zovs

List or links of all mods?

Post by Zovs »

So trying to figure out all the mods that are available and the best I can come up with from the forums is:

Nicholas Bell - Blue Water, Improved Road, Road
Shadrach (?) - Blue Water Mod for -> Nicholas Bell
Kosmoface (?) - New Supply Counter
BigDuke66 (?) - Darker Super River/Canal
Steve - Classic old style, Grey Equipment, Movement Arrows, Supply State, Supply Unit
Telumar (?) - All new Terrain Graphics (?)
??? - Boardgame Style Mod, Figurative Counters Mod

For TOAW III I have a set of files called SCAF Classic Counter Mod (and a GUI Brown Mod) plus a set of CR2 GUI Styles [Almost Olive, Dark Grey, Eastern Rust, Feldgrau, Modern Olive, Plain Grey, Steel Blue, The East is Red, The Pacific and Vietnam]).

I have seen some screen shots of some stuff I don't have, so just trying to suss it out and see which ones I want to use (besides the default install).

Currently I like the darker super river/canal, the new Supply Marker (have not seen it on a red counter yet) and new Supply 'face' Unit marker from Steve and the Grey equipment (also from Steve). I am also using a road/rail mod but its not quite what I want, I like the way the paved and dirt shows up (you can see it in some of my screenshots) but the rail is still not what I am aiming for. And I like Steve's New Movement Arrows.

I think I have seen screen shots of Steves maps and I like those which I think is the Telumar mods?

It would be nice to have a repository with it all listed it with also some screen shots.

I am planning on (once I have find them all) make some folders like: Telumars-Mod, Nickies-Mod, Old-Boardgamers-Mod and put a scenario that has no custom stuff in and make a folder to swap out the colors for that scenario and see which one (or some crazy combination of a few) that I like the best.

?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
sPzAbt653

RE: List or links of all mods?

Post by sPzAbt653 »

... seen screen shots of Steves maps and I like those ...
I use the Classic Graphics as a base, and have some custom stuff sprinkled in. There might be some things that aren't posted, so if you see something you like but can't find it let me know.

The Classic Graphics were converted to PNG's here:
tm.asp?m=4378126

You don't need to use the above, you can grab anything from III and it will likely work in IV. Not the UI stuff though, that was all changed from III.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

To be honest, in my view the best approach is to check every thread in this section and see if that mod provides you with useful graphics, that is what I did. Most mods here change only some graphic aspects of the game and you should check carefully if you need it or not, sometimes you may just take some files from a mod and not the whole mod. Doing it this way will take time but at the end you'll have a collection of useful graphics that are your own personal mod and that you can apply to the game.
What should not be forgotten, take a look at the graphics folder as there are already alternative graphics for some things, for example yellow railroads(handy in summer & winter scenarios).
But remember there is no need to replace something if the stock graphics already work for you, you really go nuts if you hunt for alternative graphics without real need for them.

AFAIk we have very few total conversion mods, I just remember Telumar's boardgame mod that changes the complete look of the map:
tm.asp?m=4442672
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Got it thanks fellows.

TOAW is really the ultimate in global personalization and multi era war fare games.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

In addition if you are doing anything with combining mods, using different parts of mods etc, I really recommend you to use JSGME:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Mi ... bler.shtml
Unzip the JSGME dir in your Documents\TOAW dir.
Each mod should sit in its own directory under MODS, and contain a "Graphics Override" folder so the program knows where to place the files.

Makes it much easier to mix and match mods and it will warn if you are overwriting files from other mods and so on.

Here are the ones I run at the moment:

Blue Water v1
Cabido - Movement Arrows
Cabido - Flags
Cabido - Borders
Shadrach - Cursors
Shadrach - MiscTiles
Shadrach - RailAndBridges
Telu - BrassCursors

There are of course the major overhaul mods from Cabido and Telumar, they are real works of art and love for the game. Also they are huge mods, difficult to mix with others unless to know what you're doing. So I just "steal" small elements I like.

Another hot tip: When testing mods, use Ctrl+R to reload graphics without having to restart the game. Huge timesaver.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Thanks Shadrach.

Where is the Cabido files?
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Hey,

Cabido's full map mod is here:
tm.asp?m=4523087

Telumar's full map mod is here:
tm.asp?m=4442672

For convenience I've zipped up all the mods I use in this file, so you are free to pick and choose:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ybqI ... AJJwub8Lzs
- Norm Koger
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Thanks Shadrach (that can't be your real name, lol, my moniker is just a devation off my last name, but my name is Don),

I think I have come up with a combination of things I like:

48th PzKorps (winter)

2nd Kharkov

CFNA

I think on a couple of them I changed out the hex outline to be black but in the shots they were still white till I figured it out.

Thanks again for all you guys help.
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Well Shadrach is a name from the Bible of course, but I got it from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Exciti ... d_Abednego
Old-school hip-hop [:D]
Also apparently it's a rare first name in some parts of the UK.

As for mods, it's all up to personal taste. You could even change it up when playing different scenarios, like I know Cabido's is great for desert maps.

I am still looking for a good snow mod, since the game just uses an overlay texture for snow tiles, and it makes things very fuzzy and hard to see for instance hills and the like.
Would you mind telling what the snow tiles you are using are?
- Norm Koger
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Interesting on the name Shadrach, I knew it was in the Bible, but did not know it was still in use.

Yep on the custom graphic things, pretty awesome that we have so much configuration and customization available to us.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Don't know if it's good enough for anyone else, but I have tinkered with the Snow Tiles.
Attachments
TOAW_snow_tiles.zip
(326.85 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
Don't know if it's good enough for anyone else, but I have tinkered with the Snow Tiles.

Thanks for that - certainly an improvement on the original! [:)]
- Norm Koger
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I have spent way too much time on mods the last few days...lol

I created 4 folders in my docs to swap them in and out and see which one I like the best, all are a combination of several mods and also using some of the original art work.

I still lean back to my modified Tulu mod (by edited I mean bringing stuff in from Steve, Shadrach and BigDuke) for some reason.
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

So I think I'll settle (for now) on these graphic mods, it's a combination of several.

These are both from me playing solo in McBrides (revised, at least converted by myself) Drag Nacht Osten.

rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

ORIGINAL:

Don’t know about everyone else, but I find those little “cross sword” battle flags really annoying. I use the mod that erases them from the graphics set.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Like all things, I turn them on/off, sort of just like how I do with the Movement Points/Attack-Defense Points, or turning on/off supply, Victory hexes, etc.
mussey

Post by mussey »

Another hot tip: When testing mods, use Ctrl+R to reload graphics without having to restart the game. Huge timesaver.

Excellent tip, thanks!
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Return to “Mods”