Four Seasons with Models

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Ormand

RE: Four Seasons with Models

Post by Ormand »

CB,

Almost there. Everything is pretty much in place. It is not exactly the way I wanted it, especially with the model names, but it will be interesting. I am in the process of cleaning up and doing debug checks. If I wasn't going on travel for work tomorrow, I would likely have a beta tomorrow. As it is, I can't get back to until Wednesday, so I should have version next weekend.
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Sounds good.

Cheers,
CB
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Airplane images.
Attachments
Airplanes.zip
(407.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Fighters

Attachments
Fighters.jpg
Fighters.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Other planes.

Attachments
OtherPlanes.jpg
OtherPlanes.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

CB,
I sent you a PM about checking out a beta version of the FourSeasons upgrade.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Is this version going to be able to use the new ATG Version 228b TOE changes? Right now the version 228b does not have a random game setup for 4 Seasons.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Oh yes! I make pretty extensive use of it. There will be 28 background colors (29 if you include transparent) and about 100 symbols in black, white, red, blue, green, and yellow. If you find a symbol that you need, I could look at adding it. I set it up in a way that it could be added to (not super easily, but easy enough. I have to report, however, that the .atgtoe seems to store only two layers, so for now, everyone will have to rebuild their template for each game.

First page:

Attachments
TOE1.jpg
TOE1.jpg (371.06 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Third page:

Attachments
TOE3.jpg
TOE3.jpg (403.58 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

I am testing and tracking bugs. Also, finding things that don't work they way I thought, so some work arounds to do what I want. Maybe this weekend.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Ormand, was curious if in the new version there will be images for japanese units. Thanks
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Lion,
Only for some of the SFTs. I use Gary's for infantry, etc. and the above images for planes, which has a zero fighter, the torpedo bomber, and also the kamikaze are based on Japanese aircraft. There are Japanese generals in the Generals Project. Sadly, I haven't made models or generals in over a year. Been too busy on other stuff.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I think I have a couple of bugs for you. How would you like them sent?

Chuck
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Chuck,
I sent you a PM with email contact and link for dropbox version.
Erich
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Hey Ormand, how do your NATO counter symbols work? I believe there are only two buttons for overlaying the NATO graphics on a counter. But looking at your art, you have what looks like a background color counter, a unit designation counter and then a unit size counter, denoting if it's a battalion, regiment, etc. With only two overlay buttons, how do you use all three?

Thanks.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Gary,
In v228b, the TOE designer actually has four layers. This was from a suggestion by AMSwift, and Vic concurred. I had known for a long time about the array out of bounds with 119 counters, so I only used it for TOE and not the SFTypes (a separate set for those). Given the new capabilities, I thought that in my next version to take full advantage. So, now you can layer further. I went with background, main symbol, a secondary symbol, such as trucks, and unit size symbol, with a large set of combinations. In the upcoming version, I am going to make two versions, one 228b compatible and one 228 compatible. If I used the full file, someone would surely get a seg-fault and CTD.
I need to point out, however, that the .atgtoe file seems to save just two layers, so you will have to rebuild them after you import. But, they are fine within a saved game.

As for when, I have some testing going on, and I need to do that thing called work. Full release will also need Vic to upload the graphics file for me, and well it is a holiday weekend, and he is also engaged. Nonetheless after I get through some tests to squash bugs, I could give out dropbox links

GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Ormand

Gary,
In v228b, the TOE designer actually has four layers. This was from a suggestion by AMSwift, and Vic concurred. I had known for a long time about the array out of bounds with 119 counters, so I only used it for TOE and not the SFTypes (a separate set for those). Given the new capabilities, I thought that in my next version to take full advantage. So, now you can layer further. I went with background, main symbol, a secondary symbol, such as trucks, and unit size symbol, with a large set of combinations. In the upcoming version, I am going to make two versions, one 228b compatible and one 228 compatible. If I used the full file, someone would surely get a seg-fault and CTD.
I need to point out, however, that the .atgtoe file seems to save just two layers, so you will have to rebuild them after you import. But, they are fine within a saved game.

As for when, I have some testing going on, and I need to do that thing called work. Full release will also need Vic to upload the graphics file for me, and well it is a holiday weekend, and he is also engaged. Nonetheless after I get through some tests to squash bugs, I could give out dropbox links

Hmm. I have v228b (at least I thought I did) and as far as I can tell it only has buttons for two layers. Am I missing something?

Attachments
8446456.jpg
8446456.jpg (251.14 KiB) Viewed 234 times
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

OK. Never mind. I see now. I had v228, NOT 228b. I just DL'd it. Thanks!
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Just a quick update. Things are progressing. I have two play-testers on it who are giving me great feedback and tracking down some bugs. It looks to be getting better. I am doing clean up to try and make the various descriptions relevant and up-to-date and some QA on features (or are those bugs). I will have to take a break for a week, however, Sat - Sun. Hopefully, they will run it through the works, and then some fixes.

If you want to try and be a Guinea pig PM me, and I can get you a dropbox link. I can use some feedback on PP costs, and how it flows. It is still a work in progress, so have to expect some bugs, and aspects that you might disagree with.
Lomaster

Post by Lomaster »

Just gave Four Seasons a try. Some issues i have:
1) Error in Check command in event #7 on line #70 before the initial round. Skippable after clicking OK several times. Storm hexes appear normally.
2) Error in Check command in event #188 on line #42 after end of the initial turn. Apparently unskippable (tried clicking OK a hundred times)
3) Urban hexes transition in (sub)tropical regions still looks like regular fields instead of paddies.

Attachments
paddies.jpg
paddies.jpg (268.62 KiB) Viewed 235 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”