Released Group Reserve Pilots destination?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

larryfulkerson

Released Group Reserve Pilots destination?

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've just started a war against a mystery opponent and I'm the Japanese side and I'm going through the first turn procedure and I've gotten to the spot where I'm assigning missions to aircraft units and moving planes to better spots and then I thought I'd monkey with the pilots and now I'm looking at a list of the pilots in a group reserve ( I think ) and there's a button at the bottom left that says "release pilot" and I'm wondering where the released pilot goes. Does anybody have a clue?

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (344.19 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
GetAssista

RE: Released Group Reserve Pilots destination?

Post by GetAssista »

Pilot is fired and lives happily ever after in his rural house in the coutryside, with his wife and many children
Kull

Post by Kull »

I tested this out with a fresh Scenario 1 Japan (non-historical) start, and the button transferred one pilot (the least experienced) from the Group pool into the Reserve Pool. After which the button was no longer visible. Probably because nobody else met the transfer criteria.

A saved Allied game did much the same thing, transferring the least experienced pilot out of his unit's Group reserve and into the General Reserve. Doesn't seem to move WIA or "future arrival" pilots, however.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I've never touched that button out of fear it would retire them, and I'm still not going to chance it. Looks like "open door #3?" when there might be a tiger behind it.

bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Pilots in the group reserve can only be assigned to squadrons in that group. Pilots in the general reserve can be assigned to any squadron, though the delay for their arrival will be greater. I still find the latter to be more useful.
fair winds,
Brad
jdsrae

Post by jdsrae »

I’ve only used that button when as Allies vs AI in 1945 I had large pools of experienced pilots in reserve.
I used it to issue “your services are no longer required” letters to anyone <50 experience just to de-clutter my reserve pool.
Other than that, it should need two keys held by separate people to unlock a bright red cover over it that reads “DO NOT PRESS ME”
Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

It should just say 'if you're a noobie, press this button and everything will be better'.

bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

Well, it could be worse. We could go back to having a third of our pilot pools being abducted by aliens...
fair winds,
Brad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”