VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

SteamSlither

RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

Post by SteamSlither »

How do you edit back in the troop transports for the Federation? I understand they were removed and have to be added manually (which I'd rather let the AI handle).

Moreover I do not see troop transports in the AI Federation design list(for when the Fed is an AI empire), another reason I wish to edit troop transports back in.

I tried to do it myself in the .txt files, but there are settings I'm not locating...

otherwise GOOD MOD

Thanks

SteamSlither

Post by SteamSlither »

This is old but it seems troop transports have been disabled by design for the Federation>
(or just skip to the edit further below)
ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Concerning troop transport designs, that is left up to the player for certain races. Since
my goal for the mod was to make it adaptable to all of the DW game playstyles, it is up
to you to design your troop transport. Some players like them armed and some unarmed. Some
specific aggressive warrior races, Klingon for example, have their troop transports armed.
In addition, a previous patch enabled planetary bases to better target armed transports with
both their weapons and tractor beams, which made invasions more difficult. So to be fair to
all, again, that was left up to the player.

[:)]

>>it is up
to you to design your troop transport. <<

I gather this is for the Federation.

The issue here if you are playing adversarial to the Federation the AI of the Federation does NOT build any troop transports.

I set up a custom game with 11 Federation AI's and though carriers and every other ship by the baker's dozen are out there are being build, NO FEDERATION TROOP TRANSPORTs. Pirates got Troop transports and the Guardians showed up, they got them too.

This diminishes the Federation as an AI opponent or ally since they cannot take any planets if at war. Anyway, this may be by design with intent not to play random games but the provided scenario map.

FYI 11 Federation civilizations and WE ARE ALL AT PEACE. Only war is with the pirates. We'll have to see what goes on with the Guardians. In the meantime anyone know how to enable Fed civ troop transports?

>>Concerning troop transport designs, that is left up to the player for certain races. <<
CERTAIN RACES Hmm, might be more than just the Federation to look out for...

======================

EDIT
EDIT

OK I figured it out with more details to come... to get the Federation to have troop transports copy in the DOMINION Troop transport replacing the Federation design (in the designTemplates folder).

I do not know why I did not hit on it before, I was trying another race (BORG?) troop transports since they showed up right away.

There might be other races that may not have troop transports so investigating them as well.

EDIT

OK her is what it seems to be, if the TROOP TRANSPORT is unarmed, then it will NOT show up in the build list unless manually designed that way.

I changed
WeaponBeam ;2
to
WeaponBeam ;0
and it did not show up in the buildable designlist.

If I change to
WeaponBeam ;2
Troop Transport shows up in the design list

FYI WeaponBeam ;2 also exists in the default vanilla troop transport as well as other troop transports I checked.

FYI Andorians have unarmed troop transports as well, so I did not see them in the buildable design list until I put beam weapons on it. Other weapons such as missiles may suffice.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

very interesting SteamSlither, but..

I'm not sure to have understand what I have to do to modify the mod to finally have ALL the races which will build armed Troops Transports [&:]

can you please help me ?
SteamSlither

Post by SteamSlither »

At this time I have not double checked all the races, but there are two or three that need to have the transports fixed to show up in the AI build list.
andorian and federation for sure there may be another

Go to.....\Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\DW Universe-STPE Ver 2\designTemplates\andorian
locate trooptransport.txt
Open in notepad or something
look though the weapons section:

[X(]NO WEAPONS[X(]

WeaponArea ;0
WeaponBeam ;0
WeaponBombard ;0
WeaponMissile ;0
WeaponPhaser ;0
WeaponRailGun ;0
WeaponsManufacturingPlant ;0
WeaponsResearchLab ;0
WeaponSuperBeam ;0
WeaponTorpedo ;0
WeaponTractorBeam ;0
WeaponGravitonBeam ;0
WeaponAreaGravity ;0

Since no weapons added to the andorian transport.
It WILL not show up in the AI or player build list[:(]

Add weapons
(layouts tend to be 2-3 beam weapons, or 1-2 railguns or two phasers or 1 missile and beam weapon).

WeaponArea ;0
WeaponBeam ;2 [:'(]<<<<WEAPON ADDED
WeaponBombard ;0
WeaponMissile ;0
WeaponPhaser ;0
WeaponRailGun ;0
WeaponsManufacturingPlant ;0
WeaponsResearchLab ;0
WeaponSuperBeam ;0
WeaponTorpedo ;0
WeaponTractorBeam ;0
WeaponGravitonBeam ;0
WeaponAreaGravity ;0

NOW it will show up in the AI build list and you will see it without having to build one.

Do the same for the Federation ( I added 2 phasers):
WeaponPhaser ;2
I have to check to see who the other race(s) are that are missing weapons unless you find them first

SAVE the file
Run the game. FYI if you are at prewarp, you will not see troop transports in the list until for example, as Federation, you research phasers.

To check your work right away choose an era where some tech has been researched such as Classic Era.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Hello SteamSlither;

You detailed that so well you should consider being on the "Trek Team" for DW2
(if we'll be able to mod it as well as DW1)

I don't monitor this thread as often as I used to due to other time-consuming things
in life right now (like the new tax reform laws and grandkids)!

But your premise and analysis for Troop Transports is correct. The reasoning behind
it began to develop when Elliot prioritized the AI to target "armed" Troop Transports
during planetary invasions first. So in the flow to be as near to Trek canon as possible as
we developed the mod, certain strengths and weaknesses for the factions were naturally
applied. Also, I tried to make sure that the "doctored" factions would not be too
overpowering (except the Borg) if a custom game were chosen that was not played on the
ST map I created. Hope this helps to explain. Please feel free to continue your analyzing!

Inbox me if your interested to join us when DW2 arrives if Elliot allows it to have mod
support! [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
SteamSlither

Post by SteamSlither »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

I'm not sure to have understand what I have to do to modify the mod to finally have ALL the races which will build armed Troops Transports [&:]

can you please help me ?

Included is a file you can download of the ARMED transports for the relevant civilizations
------------
This includes WEAPONIZED versions of troop transports for DistantWorlds Universe-StarTrekPicardEra Ver 2 by Ehsumrell1 for civilizations that had UNARMED troop transports. The AI cannot build unarmed troop transports, it will not build any troop transports at all unless the template trooptransport.txt has them armed:
Andorian, added 1 missile, 1 beam weapon
Bajoran, added 2 beam weapons
Benzite, added 2 beam weapons
and Federation civilization trooptransport.txt, 2 phasers added.

NOT recommended to use them in the pre-built map as they throw off the balance the designer, Ehsumrell1, created for the included scenario. Players, however, can build design their own transports for their chosen civ and once the design is created, the AI will take over if automated.

HOWEVER if you are playing random games with random AI civilizations; this file might come in useful.

In a random game, for example, you can have potentially 3 different Bajoran civilizations being generated and without the troop transports they cannot invade worlds of the belligerent or take back property snagged by advisories or assist allies in invasions. This will put those civilizations at a severe disadvantage against Klingons, Borg and other civilizations that have as default armed trooptransport.txt files.

To use install in the following folder overwriting files (you can back them up or use the included backups to remove the armed transports).

......\Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\DW Universe-STPE Ver 2\designTemplates
Attachments
STPE_NoWea..rtsFIXED.zip
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
STPE_NoWea..rtsFIXED.zip
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

many, many thanks SteamSlither !!! [&o]
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

I just wanted to drop in and give a big Thank You. This is the first mod I am playing since I picked up DWU, and I'm loving it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I just wanted to drop in and give a big Thank You. This is the first mod I am playing since I picked up DWU, and I'm loving it.

I'm sure Ed and the team say a big your welcome. I for one play this mod a lot....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Data

Post by Data »

That's the Son'a stretching mechanic at work right there.
Either that or you're compensating for something
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Data

That's the Son'a stretching mechanic at work right there.
Either that or you're compensating for something

Damn....Where'd my Ale go? IT WAS RIGHT HERE!!!

DATAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FFCecil

Post by FFCecil »

I love playing this mod but lately some issues been bugging me. For some reason some races randomly will never equip warp drives the entire game but crank out hundred and hundreds of ships that just sit in there starting system. I've conquered some races and ended up with 800+ ships of all kinds including all military but none of them will have warp drives. I always start my games in prewarp. I thought it was just independants that became full fledged playable AI race but this last game the Romulans had thousands of ships with no warp drive even though they had a few different star systems and for some reason there economy was 3 times that of all the other economies put together. I had 29 races at start. They had +50% of galactic economy in the victory conditions and the game had just started practically.

One more issue is the Quantum Torpedo will never get picked over the basic torpedo when I do auto upgrade design. So every time I upgrade my designs with that button I have to manually remove them and re add my quantum torpedos. Also and more importantly doesn't this mean the AI will never equip quantum torpedo's on there ships? I even made them slightly better to see if they would get equipped but they still didn't. What governs what component gets added by the AI? I'd like to fix this so the AI can get some good torpedo's. The templates only list torpedo's so I'm guess the calculation for quantum torpedo's makes it seem lower dmg than basic torpedo's still. I'm gonna test it with extreme dmg value's for quantum and see what happens.

(Edit: Ahh. I see it's the bombard dmg of quantum torpedo's that causes it to be replaced by the basic spatial torpedo no matter how far tech'd quantum is even up to it's top dmg of 67). Does this mean no AI's are using quantum torpedo's though or is there special programming for bombard races that makes it pick it?)

Another issue I was able to fix was for some reason the Advanced Fleet Countermeasures and Advanced Fleet Targeting techs ended up wiping out the bonuses altogether for those components. They both would say 0% after those tech were researched. You can actually see the 0% bonus just finding those techs in the research screen.

I got them back there original intended 35% bonus by going into research.txt and changing the 0 after the first 35 to 35. It seems the #'s 35 and 0 were reversed. Advanced Fleet Countermeasures needs to be 90, 5, 0, 35 and Advanced Fleet Targeting 89, 5, 0, 35.

I'm not sure how Economy is calculated for Victory condition. I can never get past 2 - 7% in that victory condition out of 25%. I played as Borg this last time and had 350+ million cash with the build button wanting me to build 2000+ ships at a time and yet the Romulan's which had like 5 colonies the entire game had +50% economy rating from start. I made sure to make all 29 races to prewarp everything for every race in starting game screen.

Sorry for long post but this is only mod I play for DW. It might as well be a Star Trek game cause I never play the original. I just love being in the trek universe with all the characters from tv shows.

Thanks for the fix for transports I never noticed that some races weren't building transports and I've played like 30+ games.
readme22

Post by readme22 »

what a shame, the link is broken
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: readme22

what a shame, the link is broken
@readme22, I just clicked the mediafire link and it still works for me. Gave me the choice box to download and it is downloading. Try clicking the link again and if the download page doesn't show, try refreshing your browser. Let me know here if that doesn't work.
[:)]
readme22

Post by readme22 »

yeah theres nothing wrong with the link i came back to edit my post to post the crash log i got that another person was getting earlier in this thread but i cant post links or messages that look like links so i gave up
arvcran2

Post by arvcran2 »

Any chance this MOD is compatible with DW:U 1.9.5.12?

Apparently yes -> As per this post
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (4053MB VRAM, 8136MB Shared Memory)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (integrated GPU)
Neyalaia

Post by Neyalaia »

I know this is late but does anyone know the editor password for playing in the provided base setting instead of starting a custom game?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

What password?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Neyalaia

Post by Neyalaia »

I don't know, every time I try to open the editor from the map provided by the mod it wants a password, you know after I load into it from selecting one of the pre-selectable races. And I can't find out what it is.

Return to “Design and Modding”