Canada not joining the Allies

Moderator: Hubert Cater

sveint

Canada not joining the Allies

Post by sveint »

I feel like adding some expletives here, but how on earth could this happen? It feels like the game is lost before it even started.

I'm now spending some of those early MPPs to try to sway Canada to join but needless to say this is COMPLETELY unhistorical.
Xenocide

RE: Canada not joining the Allies

Post by Xenocide »

How far into the game are you? I remember in one game it was five or six Allied turns into the game that South Africa finally joined and I believe Canada uses the same odds as the other Commonwealth nations.
sveint

Post by sveint »

February 1940, still no Canada. Got 7% diplo from investment this turn. Just ridiculous, massive massive Allied penalty from the get go.
sveint

Post by sveint »

March 1940, still sitting at 87%. At which point can I call this a bug?

There is just no way that historically Canada would not join the war. We're in Hearts of Iron type of alternate history here.
eriador08

Post by eriador08 »

This must be a bug. There is no way that canada would not join in a normal game.
zzmzzm

Post by zzmzzm »

March 1940,when I finished Axis turn, canada join the war.
ong ma ni bei mei hong
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Svient,

There is a 50% chance per turn that Canada joins the Allies provided Germany, the UK and France are all mobilized and not surrendered. This provides some randomness from game to game and it sounds like you just unfortunately had some really bad luck in your game.

The alternative is to create a custom campaign and enable the Historical entry event for Canada in the War Entry script and then play with this campaign (by also sending it to your opponent).

Hubert
sveint

Post by sveint »

The Allies are already really weak at start, I think you should perhaps rethink the % chance of entry.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

I had a very big dose of bad luck or circumstance with Romania not joining until early 1942. Have had Canada/South Africa join later than desired also, not long as you, but so is life. Gotta have some variance. Combat rolls, I've had my share of up/down rolls at very critical times. I actually think the game is good balance, it's like chess, if you lose a piece against a good opponent, it can be tough to recover.
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”