Units not getting supplies.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

xhoel

Units not getting supplies.

Post by xhoel »

Hello all a quick question: Is it possible for a unit that is near a depot on rails to not get supplies?

I am seeing several formations that have received no supply whatsoever during the logistics phase even though they have not failed any of their admin checks and their HQs are on supply level 2 and freight is available.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Xhoel
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
Joel Billings

RE: Units not getting supplies.

Post by Joel Billings »

Maybe. If you can attach or email before and after saves to 2by3@2by3games.com we can take a look. At supply priority 2, you need to be below 70% of need to get something, and I don't remember off hand if that's before or after some supply is consumed by the unit. Are there no indications at the bottom of the Supply Detail Screen as to what might be causing the shortage?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

They were over 70% last week, that's true. They have received nothing so the Supply Detail Screen shows nothing at all. Attached are the screenshots. It could be WAD so I am waiting for a confirmation before I send the saves.

Unit at the end of last turn:

Unit this turn:

tm.asp?m=4490035
tm.asp?m=4488465
tonyscrase

Post by tonyscrase »

Hi xhoel
If the depot is supplying units from another corp, airbases or HQ units with higher priority you could end up with no supplies I also think the admin failure lowers your priority from 2 to 1. so if you have other priority 2 units they may use up the supplies (but having said that you had an admin failure before and still got supplies)
supply First round 4th priority get 20% of requirement second round priority 4th and 3rd priority get 20% etc etc

I am not sure it matters how close you are to Depot for getting supplies (of course it will have an effect on number of trucks used)

You have probably considered these factors already !!!!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

It is possible to get nothing. Supply priority 2 means you won't request anything if you have less than 70%. If all the unit is looking for is supplies, and it is between 50 and 69%, you'll only get one shot at it, and you can have an admin failure stop the delivery. So I don't see anything wrong with the second screenshot. If you have a unit with supply priority 2 with less than 70% not get anything, and you see no admin failures, and you are right next to a depot that didn't run out of freight during logistics, then it might indicate a problem.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

Ok thanks for the answer Joel, just wanted to make sure it is WAD :)

Cheers,
Xhoel
tm.asp?m=4490035
tm.asp?m=4488465

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”