Did i cut off enemy's supply? Image is shown

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
newbie123

Did i cut off enemy's supply? Image is shown

Post by newbie123 »

This the Battle of Singapore scenario. The Japanese are advancing into Singapore Island where the Allies have retreated from Malaya. I just thought of cutting them at the crossing in hope that their supply lines will be cut off. But i m not sure if they can receive supplies from the sea, if so, my efforts are futile. Thanks!!
Attachments
Screenshot42.jpg
Screenshot42.jpg (444.14 KiB) Viewed 165 times
sPzAbt653

RE: Did i cut off enemy's supply? Image is shown

Post by sPzAbt653 »

There is no Sea Supply here, so you don't have to worry about that. You can hit the Spacebar to hide all the units, and then you can see where the enemy Supply Points are [you might have to cycle thru the Supply Views] and if enemy units are connected to them.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: newbie123

This the Battle of Singapore scenario. The Japanese are advancing into Singapore Island where the Allies have retreated from Malaya. I just thought of cutting them at the crossing in hope that their supply lines will be cut off. But i m not sure if they can receive supplies from the sea, if so, my efforts are futile. Thanks!!
I created a range of Tutorials that might help you getting familiar with TOAW IV as well.

Tutorial '41: tm.asp?m=4382552
Tutorial '42: tm.asp?m=4387818
Tutorial '42 - Editor: tm.asp?m=4401098
Tutorial '43: tm.asp?m=4390285
Tutorial '43 - Combat: tm.asp?m=4394374
Tutorial '44: tm.asp?m=4397183
Tutorial '45: tm.asp?m=4412329

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Cabido

Post by Cabido »

No, they have a supply line tracing back to singapore. You have to interpose one of your units, cutting this line. It's a difficult task in this scenario, since mobility is a problem. A lot of traffic jam around. It`s a good scenario to practice the effect of unit density on mobility and losses. I wouldn't try to block supply lines in this scenario. It is short and you have to deal with mobility problems. I have had some success trying to free the highest mobility paths (roads, rail).

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”