horrible site login process

Please post any issues you are having with the site or suggestions for improvements here.
76mm

horrible site login process

Post by 76mm »

i dread having to log into your forum, which happens much more often than with any other forum of which im a member. i login. i try to go to the forum. i'm logged in as guest. i have to logout as guest and relogin with the username i've just used to login. usually the captcha has to be reentered 2-3 times. finally, hopefully ni'm logged in.

this is 2019--you really can't do better?
zakblood

RE: horrible site login process

Post by zakblood »

used the site since day one and never had an issue, windows 10 mind you and chrome and always remembered cookies
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce your issues. I just need the enter the captcha once I login. Please also note that "Logged in as: Guest" it means that you aren't logged in at all, you are a guest and you can't post.
In order to login in the forum you've to click in the Login link. Also note that if you don't wish to login everytime you enter in the forum,, just check "Save as cookie" box.

The Matrix forum is old and was written in an old language. We intend to change it to a new one, like we have on Slitherine. It's on our wishlist.
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

"Save as cookie"
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I do a lot better with the forum login (crossed out numbers and letters) than I do with the store site images log in ie Click on all images with a 'bicycle' I get it wrong and it changes to 'crosswalks' or 'cars'.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

You do have to save as a cookie. You also need to have your browser set to allow cookies. I have no problem with my work machine, because I can't control my work security settings and they allow cookies. I have your issue on my machine at home because I AM paranoid, and I keep my home network locked up tighter than a misers purse strings [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Site Feedback”