Axis China Strategy for MP

Moderator: Hubert Cater

ThunderLizard11

Axis China Strategy for MP

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

For MP, I think I'm over investing in China. By early '42 China has a massive number of units so is it better to just switch to defense and put more MP into naval units and Pacific?
Numdydar

RE: Axis China Strategy for MP

Post by Numdydar »

Why are you letting China get so big? You cannot afford that as the Axis. You should be destroying at least 1-2 Chinese units a turn. Regardless if you want to conquer China or not.

So you need to invest recourses, i.e. units, planes mainly, in order to achieve that goal. Otherwise you have already lost the game imho. Especially if you have not completely cut China off from the West.
ThunderLizard11

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Why are you letting China get so big? You cannot afford that as the Axis. You should be destroying at least 1-2 Chinese units a turn. Regardless if you want to conquer China or not.

So you need to invest recourses, i.e. units, planes mainly, in order to achieve that goal. Otherwise you have already lost the game imho. Especially if you have not completely cut China off from the West.

Can you be a bit more specific?
amandkm

Post by amandkm »

If China can hold on, or better still for the allies, capture Japanese-held areas, The Japanese war effort against the US/UK is crippled. Amphibious transports cost a fortune and you need a lot of money to keep defending and counterattacking the mushrooming US Production.

Consider deploying a number of bombers in 1939 and through 1940 to soften up Chinese units and keep chewing them up. That will force the Chinese to spend money on reinforcing, or better, replacing units.
ThunderLizard11

ORIGINAL: amandkm

If China can hold on, or better still for the allies, capture Japanese-held areas, The Japanese war effort against the US/UK is crippled. Amphibious transports cost a fortune and you need a lot of money to keep defending and counterattacking the mushrooming US Production.

Consider deploying a number of bombers in 1939 and through 1940 to soften up Chinese units and keep chewing them up. That will force the Chinese to spend money on reinforcing, or better, replacing units.

OK - but at some point do you go into a defense posture in China? I've captured Nanning and Changsha but haven't cut off Burma Road - too many units blacking the way. Maybe better to attack through Burma?
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Definitely take Burma to cut the road. It is free money to China that costs the other Allies nothing.
ThunderLizard11

OK - I think I may be better pulling some units off the line in China and ship them around to Burma
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

In a multiplayer game I would do some recon first if possible to determine what is there.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

ORIGINAL: amandkm

OK - but at some point do you go into a defense posture in China? I've captured Nanning and Changsha but haven't cut off Burma Road - too many units blacking the way. Maybe better to attack through Burma?

I never go on defensive in China. You really cannot afford to. If you do not keep the pressure on by killing units, they will become unstoppable. Unlike the real world, you do not have to worry about saving Chinese troops to fight the upcoming civil war. There really should be some kind of penalty for losing Chinese units starting in '44 to reflect that.

You will lose more MMP from being on the defensive that you would by being offensive by having to replace loses. Plus the only way you would be able to take units out of China is if they were pushed back deep into their territory. And if have gotten to that point, you might as well finish them off.
ThunderLizard11

Should I attack with even odds as well?
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

Yes
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”