Eclipse, analog space 4x game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

Eclipse, analog space 4x game

Post by Kuokkanen »

Eclipse is an analog 4x space strategy game from Finland. As players explore the universe, hex plates are placed on the table. Some have planets for colonization, and some also have enemies and/or loot boxes. Each player has a large card to represent his faction. When planet is colonized, player takes a cube from his card and places it on the planet. Removed cube reveals a number to indicate increased resource income. Technology is researched and ships are upgraded (with researched technology). Trade with other player factions provide more income.

Attachments
eclipse1.jpg
eclipse1.jpg (246.54 KiB) Viewed 68 times
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen

RE: Eclipse, analog space 4x game

Post by Kuokkanen »

Status card of my faction, Orion Hegemony. On top you can see my ships and their upgrades. In middle is researched technology. Close to the bottom are resource income, actions I have taken (black discs), and available actions to take with respective cost of resources. At edges of the card (right and bottom) are my resources where pink is research, orange is money (to pay for the actions), and brown is minerals (to pay for the ships).

Attachments
eclipse2.jpg
eclipse2.jpg (516.1 KiB) Viewed 68 times
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen

RE: Eclipse, analog space 4x game

Post by Kuokkanen »

Explored universe. Yellow player stabbed me (black) on my back by starting war and invading. I retaliated by sinking my resource reserves to build more ships to stonewall his attack on the border system. Both of our respective ships can pass only through the edges with full circles (half circles become accessible with appropriate technology), and our border has only 1 hex side with such access. Right now he is competing with white player to defeat the NPC boss at galactic center (equivalent of one in video game Master of Orion). Green player stabbed White on the back by raiding (conquering even?) his systems with the cheapest ships.

Combat is simple dice rolling: 1 die per weapon, targeting equipment increases chance to hit, shields decrease it. Because my chosen faction has ships equipped with both targeting computer and shield from the start, thus nullifying effect of level 1 targeting computer, yellow player replaced targeting computers of his ships with more armour before attacking me. Wasn't enough. But combination of heavily armoured space stations and dreadnoughts strongly discouraged me even though his cruisers are occupied at galactic center. By this point game was on the last turn and I was out of the resources to upgrade or move my ships.

Attachments
eclipse3.jpg
eclipse3.jpg (293.16 KiB) Viewed 68 times

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”