FITE2 (initial onslaught mod)

Post new mods and scenarios here
gliz2

FITE2 (initial onslaught mod)

Post by gliz2 »

[font="Arial"]This is in the conceptual stage

I have spent a lot of time playing FITE2 and my major frustration was coming from the fact of not being able to keep up with the historical timeline of German advance, which relates to the scenario inability to represent the historical events (the disastrous Soviet counteroffensive in June'41).

I've came to the conclusion that skipping the initial phase of the campaign would actually improve both the cohesion and the gameplay. Since anyway neither Germans nor Soviets can change anything in the initial setup and dislocation of units the initial turns (in my view) are more of a following the best examples available in AAR section. But ultimately bring little to the scenario itself.
Also the weather conditions being hard-coded makes for a "shallower" experience as no surprises await you in that aspect.

The time-frame shift: not later than second week of July'41.

The resources:
Craig Luther "The First Day on the Eastern Front: Germany Invades the Soviet Union, June 22, 1941"
Will Fowler "The First Seven Days; Nazi Germany's 1941 Invasion of the Soviet Union"
David Glantz "Operation Barbarossa: Hitler's Invasion of Russia 1941"
David Glantz "Barbarossa Derailed: The Battle for Smolensk"
Nigel Askey "Operation Barbarossa: the Complete Organisational and Statistical Analysis"
David Stahel "Operation Barbarossa and Germany’s Defeat in the East"

Any help and/or suggestions are welcomed[/font]

Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.
gliz2

RE: FITE2 (initial onslaught mod)

Post by gliz2 »

ORIGINAL: gliz2

[font="Arial"]This is in the conceptual stage

I have spent a lot of time playing FITE2 and my major frustration was coming from the fact of not being able to keep up with the historical timeline of German advance, which relates to the scenario inability to represent the historical events (the disastrous Soviet counteroffensive in June'41).

I've came to the conclusion that skipping the initial phase of the campaign would actually improve both the cohesion and the gameplay. Since anyway neither Germans nor Soviets can change anything in the initial setup and dislocation of units the initial turns (in my view) are more of a following the best examples available in AAR section. But ultimately bring little to the scenario itself.
Also the weather conditions being hard-coded makes for a "shallower" experience as no surprises await you in that aspect.

The time-frame shift: not later than second week of July'41.

The resources:
Craig Luther "The First Day on the Eastern Front: Germany Invades the Soviet Union, June 22, 1941"
Will Fowler "The First Seven Days; Nazi Germany's 1941 Invasion of the Soviet Union"
David Glantz "Operation Barbarossa: Hitler's Invasion of Russia 1941"
David Glantz "Barbarossa Derailed: The Battle for Smolensk"
Nigel Askey "Operation Barbarossa: the Complete Organisational and Statistical Analysis"
David Stahel "Operation Barbarossa and Germany’s Defeat in the East"

Any help and/or suggestions are welcomed[/font]

Overview of 15/07/1941 situation (latest considered)
Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”