Revisionist War Play Test

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
rhinobones

Revisionist War Play Test

Post by rhinobones »

The Revisionist War scenario supplied with TOAW IV is an older version, totally unplayable in TOAW IV. I suggest that you delete the files. I have since worked to adapt the scenario for TOAW IV, worked the scenario to fix errors and add features to make the game more enjoyable and challenging. As such, I now need some play testers to verify that my fixes have produced the desired results.

What I’m looking for is:
1) A few PBM players to engage in short 12 to 15 turn games to verify the random deployment of forces.
2) Player estimates whether the scenario generates variable, and challenging, military problems
3) Suggestions for improvement
4) AARs or analysis of play, optional
5) If players should want to play past 15 turns, I would appreciate a report on the outcome

For those who are not familiar with this scenario, it is not designed as a “historical” scenario. Rather it is designed to produce random military scenarios within the limits of my “event coding” capabilities. It’s a little like Advanced Tactics random games but not nearly as sophisticated.

Post here or send a private e-mail.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”