Close Combat:Civil War?

3D version of Close Combat
ringoblood

Close Combat:Civil War?

Post by ringoblood »

Dear Ian or PiP

I have an idea for an American Civil war game that is based on the Close Combat engine. Now that Close Combat is revived and has a new engine and we are looking to expand and we gamers and historians, like myself are looking for history, what better way then combine American Civil War with Close Combat together. Why stop there, make the French Revolution, English Civil War, War of 1812,and Vietnam, the possibilities are endless. Please lets expand outside of World War Two. I see this game called Close Combat:Civil War.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Close Combat:Civil War?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

If it was for a real game, you would be speaking from a new game in the Archon engine. Perhaps they have thought about it first. If it was as a mod, You can make it but.....you should make infantry with different animations and model for a civil war.

Vietnam is not the first time that I see the idea. Legion, a friend has this idea. It would not be very difficult, just it would need some changes in textures, a few additional 3D models and new maps.

funketeer

Post by funketeer »

Great idea. Could be a perfect match.
shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

Cc Vietnam would be incredible!!! I actually think that the engine and mechanics would be perfect for a Vietnam game!
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

ORIGINAL: shadepiece

Cc Vietnam would be incredible!!! I actually think that the engine and mechanics would be perfect for a Vietnam game!

CC III has a pretty good nam mod.. If you supplement the nam maps with some of the CC V:Okinawa maps, you will have a pretty good robust map set for a campaign

it would be nice to see nam as a cc game and not a mod for cc though.

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Brandenburg

CC III has a pretty good nam mod.. If you supplement the nam maps with some of the CC V:Okinawa maps, you will have a pretty good robust map set for a campaign

Personally the mods in CC have been better than the original games. They have been the point because we have been playing these games for years. The unique neccesary point is a game which you can edit at a big level.
shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

Hey could you drop some links for those mods, mate. I would really like to check them out.
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

Hey could you drop some links for those mods, mate. I would really like to check them out.

closecombatseries(dot)net

Sorry i had to do it this way but this forum squawks at me when i try to post a link. since i dont use this forum all that much, i probably havent posted enough to start posting links
shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

Ah gotcha, I'll try to do a bit of digging then.
Johan M

Post by Johan M »

I’m glad the vietnam mod get some mention, I loved that one, and I would love some change of scenery in future Close Combat games.

There are a lot of vietnam war movies but not that many wargames.
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

no need to dig.. Thats the actual address.. Just replace (dot) with a .
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

ORIGINAL: Johan M

I’m glad the vietnam mod get some mention, I loved that one, and I would love some change of scenery in future Close Combat games.

I wrote a good post but ill have to post it in a few days.. Gotta wait 7 days and so im guessing around saturday..

if you ever want to play cc III online.. give me a holler.. WF, pacmod,nam and RR are my mods of choice in that order
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... ds&cid=129

Now i can post links..

thx mods:)

<edit> Meant to post this screenshot yesterday

Attachments
2019-03-17_160620.jpg
2019-03-17_160620.jpg (181.69 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

ORIGINAL: Johan M

I was like and still am a historian of sorts on the early cc's and their mods.. Been apart of the community from 2000-2007 or so..i remember the MS zone too and thats really in the early days.. Ive been slowly edging my way back in the community as of late but not quite there yet imo..

at one time, I was probably the most prolific writer of plug-in scripts thanks to the tutorledge of Comrade Blabskyand and IMO,it is because of me that some of the early mods had plug ins for the zeppo config.. also, I had the opportunity to be one of the ones that helped ron gretz as a beta tester in PacMod as well as make the Tulagi OP for that mod as well as helped people use those archaic modding tools so i was a teacher of sorts. nothing like what they have now.. lol .. Since I was on the zone so much, I was often seen as the defacto modder help desk .. While not a modder per se, I was alot more accessible than modders who rarely made a visit to the zone BUT when they did.. It was a blast and really kool..

I never released a mod but was actually part of a modding team with gds_starfuy around 2002. our idea was CC5: decision at provkaravka and the data was based on panzer jager instead of real red..BUT me and furry and a fallen out and the idea was dead. i remember why but ill keep those reasons to myself

Now, A few months ago I had a modding idea and was very much impressed when i started experimenting on a modding idea for Gateway to Caen..It was so easy compared to the stoneages of CC..I was like "GTFO of here.. CC Gives me error messages..?" + the workbooks were so much easier to use that Q-Clone. This mod idea will almost certainly be attempted with CC:TBF so the idea isnt dead, just shelved for a bit

Thats my CC Resume.. not as impressive as most but i played my part in furthering the glory of cc to the masses LMAO. on a slightly related note.. CC is one the main reasons i went to college and earned a degree in programming in 2006

ANY time you OR anyone that reads this post want to play a bit of CC III , just let me know.. Western Front is my favorite but NAM and PACMOD are close seconds..

My battles are always fair and its like playing CC chess.. you will understand when you play one. i have just as much chance of winning or loosing as the person im playing

You decide map.. any map as i have most of them
I make battle
You look at the battle , then pic side.

ALL my battles follow the same format for meeting engagements
--meeting engagement
--Battles will be 6-800 points equally for both sides
--6 to 8 VL's
--4 bombardment hexes on the center line to curtail rushes
--20 minutes on the clock for single battles.. 8 to 12 for OPS
--rarity is always on
--1 to 2 command teams will be pre-selected as well as 1 observer if agreed by both sides
--FREEDEPLOY will always be used so instead of east/west orientation its north/south.. Back in the day this was to curtail pet maps.. but i do tend to use fdeploy because it gives me more flexibility and control over the design of a battle
--2 min warning
--15 teams
--possible house rule of no more that 3 tanks

I guess Ill post my mod idea.. Its not for everyone but with so many topics covered it was hard to pick something unique..This idea was actually tied with the 250th blue division askrasni bor in 1943 but i want something modern day so the zombie idea took hold

im no artist and this taxes my skills so be kind..lol i actually like it though.. the soldiers could be reworksed as well as "close combat" but i think it was a pretty good attempt
Attachments
MAINSCREEN_PROOF.jpg
MAINSCREEN_PROOF.jpg (418.71 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

I should have asked earlier, but do I need CC3 to run the Vietnam mod, as opposed to the newer CoI? Is there a good place to get a hold of the original CC3 nowadays. I'm not particularly versed in how to get a hold of the older ones.
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

You dont need the old CC3 you just need the updated version of CC3 Iron Cross. ( http://www.matrixgames.com/store/?k=iro ... gin+Search ) to run it. You will be fine the game comes with the mod swap in it for your pleasure [;)] But if you really want the old CC3 that bad you can get it off of GOG.com.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

deleted.. I was incorrect

shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

Thanks gents!Cross of Iron was on my list anyhow
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

Thanks gents!Cross of Iron was on my list anyhow

if you want to play cross of iron with an opponent.. let me know

Tell me what mod you want to play and what map and ill make a battle to play. i just need a days notice to put together the battle, briefing and a bit of mental prep

gameranger nick is KG_Brandenburg

rhikdavis

Post by rhikdavis »

That's on GOG as well.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”