2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources.

Post by rkr1958 »

Ok ... now this one is absolutely driving me crazy! Let me walk you through it.

1. The Free French are giving 1 non-oil RP to the USSR and 1 to the CW. By default the program chooses to send the Kayes, Senegal RP to the USSR and the New Caledonia RP to the CW. I want to swap that.

2. Which I do in the French production screen.

3. I then go to the CW production screen and allocate the Kayes, Senegal RP to Glasgow.

4. I then go over to the Soviet production screen and verify that the New Caldonia RP is flowing to a Soviet factory, which indeed it is.

So, all is well ... right?

Attachments
999Produc..Screen2.jpg
999Produc..Screen2.jpg (670.98 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources.

Post by rkr1958 »

Wrong ...

5 & 6. I then go back to the CW production screen and allocate the two idle NEI oil to be saved in Batavia

7 & 8. Which, when I do the program decides to undo which traded French RP is being sent where.

Why?

By the way, sometime back I suggested a "lock" feature on resources once you gotten then going where you wanted. So asked what I meant by this ... this is what I meant!

Attachments
999Produc..Screen3.jpg
999Produc..Screen3.jpg (802.28 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

game turn
Attachments
GW20181227.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Follow-up. I went back with the game file above and (re)swapped the traded French RP's and got things back exactly as I wanted. Then, all I did was to close and then re-open the production screen and my change was undone.

Again, when I asked for a lock feature on production this is exactly what I meant. Production shouldn't changed when the only thing one does is to close and then reopen the production form. This is so frustrating!

Attachments
999Produc..Screen4.jpg
999Produc..Screen4.jpg (793.52 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Ronnie
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

This is a long standing problem that affects most of resource trades. The program constantly changes traded resources and routes for no apparent reason. I have not heard that this has been fixed in 3.0.
eouellet

Post by eouellet »

I got the same problem, and it was worse than before 2.9.5.

Trade with Free France has to reach Reunion Island...it cannot even be a capital of Free France, while Dakar is the new capital which can take up to 3 build points per turn in my game. And Commonwealth trade is set to come from Canadian factories, but it reverts back to London factories, no matter Default and Override selection.

Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (727.92 KiB) Viewed 246 times
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

I feel with you..
It's very frustrating, has a high potential for causing the allies to lose the game, and worst of all:
It hasn't been on Steve's task list to fix since this kind of behaviour was reintroduced (and reported) after version 2.7.5 was upgraded.

That is, if I understand Steve's monthly reports correctly (english is not my native language, so my apologies if I misunderstood).

But I am planning to report this kind of production behaviour each time I encounter it (again), since I have recently upgraded to 2.9.5 and my first game with this (or a newer) version is going to be my first other than 2.7.5 -which I consider to have a stable and superior production AI.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It looks like both problems are caused by lent BPs being forced to source from the lending power's home country.
Paul
Gar-Dog

Post by Gar-Dog »

By the way, sometime back I suggested a "lock" feature on resources once you gotten then going where you wanted. So asked what I meant by this ... this is what I meant!

"Like"

Me too.
headhoncho

Post by headhoncho »

I will say that after roaring out of the gate with a lot of enthusiasm, the various trade/convoy/resource issues have been a major turn-off for me, and that's after spending a lot of time figuring out the complex interface. For whatever it's worth.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

It's a part of the game which can be very frustrating. I'm now counting the number of convoys I need to be in place for the production. I don't allocate any resources to factories until the preliminary production phase starts. I'll start with the oil resources, than trade resources and build points. I don't close any major power on a side, until all of them are OK.

Lately I've managed to get all things right, but it can be very frustrating, because if one makes a change in f.e. the CW, it might make things for the French wrong again.

Patience is a virtue. In my netplay game with Gerry, it took me about 45 minutes to get things right the last time (but I've got it done) for the Allies.

Peter
gw15

Post by gw15 »

yes, patience. After he got it right then I sunk 7(?) convoys the next turn so back to patience again. I was extremely lucky but then as always with MWIF, On my attack in France with my main armored force with +16, etc. the April/May turn I rolled a 2 and then with +15 on July/August I rolled a 3!!! Luck or bad luck has a tendency to even out over the game.
ORIGINAL: Centuur

It's a part of the game which can be very frustrating. I'm now counting the number of convoys I need to be in place for the production. I don't allocate any resources to factories until the preliminary production phase starts. I'll start with the oil resources, than trade resources and build points. I don't close any major power on a side, until all of them are OK.

Lately I've managed to get all things right, but it can be very frustrating, because if one makes a change in f.e. the CW, it might make things for the French wrong again.

Patience is a virtue. In my netplay game with Gerry, it took me about 45 minutes to get things right the last time (but I've got it done) for the Allies.

Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: gw15

yes, patience. After he got it right then I sunk 7(?) convoys the next turn so back to patience again. I was extremely lucky but then as always with MWIF, On my attack in France with my main armored force with +16, etc. the April/May turn I rolled a 2 and then with +15 on July/August I rolled a 3!!! Luck or bad luck has a tendency to even out over the game.
ORIGINAL: Centuur

Well, the Gods of the Dice made one thing sure: next preliminary production phase it will again take me a very, very long time to get things maximized again.
So that's probably why you rolled so bad in France. But I think you will enter Paris in July-August 1940...
Peter

Return to “Tech Support”