JTS Remaining Civil War Campaigns Now 3.0 Versions

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

AndySfromVA

RE: JTS Remaining Civil War Campaigns Now 3.0 Versions

Post by AndySfromVA »

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

I get they aren't the same, but its $30 to get like 80% of what would cost $400 to get. A lot of the JTS scenarios are slight variations of existing scenarios. I have JTS titles and they're good, but BG is a hell of a deal.

EDIT: Thank you again for the list!
The problems with BG, for me, are:
1-The units are much too small in 3d mode.
2-The number of scenarios is much, much less. I don't see how you figure you get 80% of the Campaign games with BG. From what was just posted it looks like Campaign Shiloh has over 600 scenarios, BG Shiloh only 25.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: AndySfromVA

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

I get they aren't the same, but its $30 to get like 80% of what would cost $400 to get. A lot of the JTS scenarios are slight variations of existing scenarios. I have JTS titles and they're good, but BG is a hell of a deal.

EDIT: Thank you again for the list!
The problems with BG, for me, are:
1-The units are much too small in 3d mode.
2-The number of scenarios is much, much less. I don't see how you figure you get 80% of the Campaign games with BG. From what was just posted it looks like Campaign Shiloh has over 600 scenarios, BG Shiloh only 25.

I mean, outside of the JTS Campaigns not available, a lot of the JTS scenarios are slight variations of the same thing. Maybe not 80%, but you're getting most of the big scenarios and a lot of the other ones with BG. Like I said, the JTS games are great, but it's not 600 unique scenarios.

I'm going to leave this thread now, because it seems I've stirred the pot. I'm merely pointing out that $30 for like 100-200 scenarios is a pretty good deal given the breadth it covers vs paying $40 for one theatre with a lot of scenarios, many that have small variations (such as a minor alt history change or PBEM play, etc).
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
AndySfromVA

Post by AndySfromVA »

OK, I get it. Your point has merit.
If the 3d units in BG were larger I'd consider it.
berto

Post by berto »

With BG, you get Antietam, Bull Run (both battles), Chickamauga, Gettysburg, and Shiloh.

With JTS Civil War Battles, you get those battles and also many other smaller, side battles within each larger campaign (not just variations on the marquee battles).

Not to mention that with JTS Civil War Battles, you get coverage of so many other campaigns and battles beyond (way beyond) the original BG roster. By the time the final installment in the series is released, the JTS CWB series will have covered every significant engagement in the American Civil War (hundreds of distinct battles, large and small; not just slight variations on the marquee battles).

With JTS CWB, you have a much, much larger pool of active PBEM opponents. With BG, you are mostly restricted to solo AI play.

If you stick with BG, you miss out on a host of game engine (and data and graphics) improvements in the JTS series of games.

And equally important: BG is a dead end, most likely never to improved (or bug fixed) again. If you stick with BG, you will miss out on all the improvements envisioned in the still alive and kicking JTS Civil War Battles series (where all updates are and will continue to be free of charge).

But, as in all things, YMMV. [8|]
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Return to “General Discussion”