Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Hailstone

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by Hailstone »

Here's a short scenario with just infantry and a small battlefield (only half the board). Could play it in an hour easy.

Strength Through Unity

Oostrozebeke, Belgium, May 26th, 1940: At the end of May 1940, the Belgium army was in dire straights and
backed into the western part of the country. However, the German advance was anything but a cakewalk. The
Lyrs river line was stubbornly defended by Belgian troops whose zeal was remeniscent of their fathers' 25
years earlier on the Yser. Near Oostrozebeke, the Germans managed to penetrate the 8th Division's front.
They used civilians as human shields and infiltrated through grain which was already tall enough to provide
cover. Infantrymen of the 21st Line Regiment fell back and fought side by side with gunners of the 5th
Artillery who had to blow up their own guns. Major Leclerq, commanding officer of the 1st Battalion of the
21st, decided to counterattack with a combined force of infantrymen, gunners, and engineers. At 1830, the
bugles signaled the charge.

Game Length: 5.5 Turns

Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG, MTR
Belgians: Squads, MMG, MTR

For the Belgians to win they must exit units through fields of grain controled by Germans
For the Germans to win they must defend against the Belgians counterattack

Boards: #16

Aftermath: The officers moved daringly ahead of their own men to lead them forward. Captain-Commandant Renkin,
cane in hand, gave direction to the mixed formation. Despite murderous enemy fire, The Belgians advanced
some 700 meters and pushed back the Germans, forcing them to defend themselves. No fewer than 46 of the
advancing men were killed, including Renkin. By nightfall, the overall situation forced the Belgians to
relenquish the ground they had just recaptured. Major Leclerq ordered that arms be presented to the falle:
once united in action, they were now united in death.

Source: Tactiques magazine, Scenario ASL TAC 51, Strength Through Unity

Attachments
StrengthT..ghUnity.zip
(21.15 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Strength Through Unity = short and tough! [&o]

AAR soon available!
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Man, believe me when I say I had a tough time with the Victory Conditions after about 5 test plays. Half the time it was too easy yet in other plays it was impossible to win after the first turn.
As always, thanks UP844 for the feedback. [;)]
slaphappypappy

RE: Bastogne Best Rico Scenario

Post by slaphappypappy »

I love the large scenarios like this.
And Rico indeed did provide a great one.
Having taken lessons from "La Gleize ", I moved slowly and waited until all my forces arrived until I started my assault using one infantry unit to move ahead of the rest to sight for hidden units.
You have to keep moving while doing this to avoid the American artillery in the form of 100 and 150 mm which is deadly if caught in the barrage.
When taking out big pockets of resistance, move into adjacent hexes with lower quality squads or half-squads until they draw off all of the enemy fire and then move with stack of high quality troops adjacent.
One drawback to this is a human opponent wouldn't fall for this tactic, but it is what it is.
rico21

Best again

Post by rico21 »

Best

Best - 1800 17 September 1944

1st Bn/502nd PIR/101stAirborne
The bridges at Best and Son can both get XXX Corps across the Wilhelmina Canal, but the 101st Airborne planners have decided to focus
on the Son bridge and leave the bridge at Best as a secondary objective. The Market plan calls for Company "H" of the 502nd Parachute
Infantry Regiment to attack and secure the bridge. If enemy resistance is heavier than expected we may need to commit additional forces here to protect the western flank of the corridor.

KG Becker/II.Fallsch.Korps
Best has one of the two vital bridges across the Wilhelmina Canal. While friendly troops are still fighting south of the canal, you must destroy the bridge if there is a danger of its capture by the enemy. Even if the bridge is lost, control of Best will provide us with a staging area for a counter-attack across the base of the Allied corridor.

Best played first on American SIDE / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: Dice Roll Bonus Turn / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: Variable with 9 Game Turns minimum
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Close Combat'Men [ Last Stand Arnhem ]
Attachments
Best.zip
(25.3 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Hailstone

RE: La Gleize

Post by Hailstone »

Rico, I finally won a Major Victory in La Gleize but it took me about 10 tries to get it! The first
4-5 tries the game was over by turn 5 but then I came up with a winning strategy of letting the
infantry do most of the fighting and the AFV's just followed for close support. I've never seen
anything like La Gleize before and I'm not sure I want to. It kicked my butt too many times.[X(]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Ah ... Uh ... How do you say .... The Gleize is a newbie scenario compared to Best.[:D]
rico21

Valkenswaard

Post by rico21 »

Valkenswaard

Valkenswaard - 1500 17 September 1944

Irish Guards Group/Guards Armored Division
The start of the long road to Arnhem. You must break through the German defenses quickly in order to reach Arnhem and relieve our
airborne units who are holding the bridge. It is also vital that the road be kept clear and secure in order to ensure a reliable
source of supply and communications.

KG Walther/I.FallschirmArmee
The British are coming! There are scattered reports of American and British paratroops landing in our rear. The British must be
trying to punch through our lines to encircle and cut us off. Stall them as long as possible and then retreat up the road to meet
with reinforcements. It is vital that you hold the road to deny the enemy the only supply route in the region.

Best played first on British SIDE / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: A bridge too far / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Close Combat'Men [ Last Stand Arnhem ]
Attachments
Valkenswaard.zip
(23.85 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
rico21

Rage Against the Machine

Post by rico21 »

Rage Against the Machine

Courland Pocket, Latvia 1944-12-21.
The 3rd grand battle (also known as "the other Christmas Battle") started on 21 December with a Soviet attack on Germans near
Saldus. The Soviet 2nd Baltic (northern sector) and 1st Baltic Fronts (southern sector) commenced a blockade, precipitating the
German defence of the Courland perimeter during Soviet attempts to reduce it. In this battle, serving with the 2nd Baltic
Front's 22nd Army, the Latvian 130th Rifle Corps faced their opposites in the Latvian 19th SS Division. The battle ended on 31
December and the front was stabilized. The Soviets had gained a few more square kilometers of territory at the expense of
tremendous losses in men, tanks, aircraft, etc.

Russian (Elements of 1st Baltic Front and 19th Tank Corps)-->[ German (Kampfgruppe Zoll, Infanterie-Division 132 and Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 912, Panzer-Division12)

Best played on Russian SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE:Panzerfaust/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ J157 ]
Attachments
RageAgain..Machine.zip
(31.1 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
slaphappypappy

RE: Rage Against the Machine

Post by slaphappypappy »

Rage Against the Machine was a very challenging scenario.
Took me four tries to get victory on last turn.
Scenario Best?
Haven't come close after multiple tries but will try some more. Maybe.
rico21

Tigers And Flames

Post by rico21 »

Tigers And Flames

Near Ljubimowka, Russia, November 19, 1943.
The Soviet 2nd Ukrainian front applied steady pressure through the first two weeks of november trying to achieve a
breakthrough. Finally the defensive positions held by the 16th Panzergrenadier Division collapsed. The Grossdeutschland
Division sent its Tiger Company and supporting infantry to foil the penetration by holding the soviets at Ljubimowka.

Russian (Elements of 4th Guards Army)-->[ German (Elements of Panzer-Grenadier-Division 16)

Best played on Russian SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE:Tiger Hunt/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ #DB130 ]
Attachments
TigersAndFlames.zip
(29.08 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Hailstone

RE: Best again

Post by Hailstone »

I surrender! Never got close to a Major Victory with Rico's Best scenario and I wont try anymore. Some of those VP hexes
are too out of reach without infantry units daring double timing across open terrain. Definitely requires a luck component
to succeed, like life.[&o]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

rmmwilg

Post by rmmwilg »

Everyone, what an incredible amount of work y'all have offered here for our never ending enjoyment! Thank you so much![&o][&o][&o]
rico21

Subterranean Quarry

Post by rico21 »

Subterranean Quarry

3 miles Southwest of Kerch, Crimea 1944-01-01.
As the Soviet Independent Coastal Army and the German V Infantry Corps battles in and around Kerch, one previously peaceful
area along the main Axis supply road to the front became the scene of frequent partisan attacks. Since the road ran through
completely barren steppeland, the local Romanian command was mystified by how the partisans could appear so suddenly and the
abruptly disappear without a trace. Eventually it was discovered that their base of operations was near the road in a huge
underground quarry that for many years had supplied a type of soft stone for building houses. The quarry had numerous
entrances, and all but one of them were sealed off by the Romanians who then attempted an attack down into it. This failed with
heavy casualties. Now they would try again, using different tactics and specially trained and equipped assault troops.

Attacker: Romanian (Assault Troops)
Defender: Partisan (Partisans)

Best played on Romanian SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE:RattenKrieg/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 3.5 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ ID:32 ]
Attachments
SubterraneanQuarry.zip
(20.86 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Hailstone

RE: Valkenswaard

Post by Hailstone »

After La Gleize and Best, Valkenswaard was a welcomed relief. Sometimes Rico's scenarios can beat me down
time and time again that I have to brace myself when I start another of his challenges but Valkenswaard was
different. It's fun to kick butt from the beginning and I was able to get a Major Victory by turn 3! My confidence
restored and all is good in the universe, again. [:)]
rico21

Dnepr River Bridge

Post by rico21 »

Dnepr River Bridge

USSR, Bryansk Forest, October 1942.
Partisans became better organized as the war in the East entered its second year. There was a particularly strong partisan
activity in the Bryansk Forest (in present-day Belarus). From the forest, thousands of Russian underground supporters and
support personnel organized large raids on railway lines and bridges in order to cut off the German front of its supply lines.
The Germans react by deploying fast-response security teams near strategic areas in the less busy areas in the rear.

Attacker: Russian Partisans, Paratroopers
Defender: German Sicherungstruppen

Best played on Russian SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE:Hit and Run/ with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ Lock-n Load ]
Attachments
DneprRiverBridge.zip
(21.42 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Found some time between girlfriends to do this...

Blunting the Spearhead

Sar Egres, Hungary, March 9th, 1945: Hitler's final offensive, Spring Awakening was at its peak. After the
6th SS Panzer Army broke through two Russian defensive lines, the lead elements of the 23rd Panzer, 506th
Heavy Tank Battalion came upon a third. However this Russian line was prepared and armed with anti-tank
weapons. The piercing of the third defensive line was critical if the SS was to reach the Danube.

Game Length: 9 Turns

For the Germans to win they must capture 5 Victory locations through the Russian's 3rd defensive line
For the Russians to win they must stop the Germans from penetrating the 3rd defensive line before the Danube.

Germans: Squads, LMG, PSK, AFV's
Russians: Squads, MMG, DC's, AT Guns, AA Gun, AFV's

Boards: #5, #6

Aftermath: The 23rd Panzer unit stalled, tanks bogged down due to the mud. Nevertheless, Sar Egres was cleared
at a high loss to the Germans. These high losses blunted the attack and Spring Awakening ended a few days later.

Source: TAHGC General Scenario, Blunting the Spearhead
Attachments
Bluntingt..pearhead.zip
(23.13 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Yeah, I'm still at it. Not a bad scenario if I do say so myself.[;)]

Climax at Nijmegen Bridge

Nijmegen, Holland, September 20th, 1944: Operation Market garden was to be characterized by intense fighting for the
control of a number of vital bridges. Each was a vital link to the chain leading to Arnhem. The road across the
Waal River in Nijmegen was the second of three bridges which had to be secured in oreder to relieve the British 1st Airborne
and throw a force across the Rhine. A task force composed of a mixture of US Paratroopers and the British armored relief
column was assigned to take it. The paratroopers had successfully crossed the Waal in company strength one mile west in a
daring daylight river assault. The orders for the task force in Nijmegen were to cross the road bridge at any cost and link
up with the paratroopers who were fighting their way toward the north end of the bridge.

Game Length: 9 Turns

For the Americans/British to win they must secure the bridge by capturing VP hexes
For the Germans to win they must defend thee bridge.

Americans: Squads, HMG's, MMG's, MTR's, BAZ44's, DC's, AFV's, 80mm OBA
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG's, PSK's, AA Guns, AFV's

Boards: #1, #3, #8

Aftermath: Not Available. Apparently, it's written on the back of another scenario.

Source: ASL Scenario 34, Climax at Nijmegen Bridge
Attachments
ClimaxatNijmegen.zip
(26.59 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
UP844

Post by UP844 »

Thanks Hailstone, this was one of my favourite scenarios back in the 1980s (or 1990s?)
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”