Trying to get this running on a newer machine

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

kowloon

Trying to get this running on a newer machine

Post by kowloon »

I'm trying to get the game running on a newer machine that has Win 10. I have multiple monitors and the game doesn't seem to like running in anything other than the primary monitor.
My centre monitor is large but high resolution so any game that runs on it needs to have a scalable UI or I can't read anything on it. Both my side monitors are 1080p so if the game could run in them the UI would be legible (I have poor eyesight).
My other option would be if there's a way to scale the game in the centre monitor without changing display resolution. The centre monitor is an ultrawide so it doesn't work well with older games (and some current games).
Trugrit

RE: Trying to get this running on a newer machine

Post by Trugrit »

This game will run well on Windows 10 if it is set up right.
I assume you know about the command line switches.

In your case there is an option in 10 to custom scale the displays.

Follow these instructions:
https://winaero.com/blog/set-display-cu ... indows-10/

My guess is that the game will not run right in full screen with a scaled display.
Try to run it in a window and see if that works.

This depends on your monitors so you may want to call windows support and let them walk you through it.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Also, the game wants control of the screen, or screens in your case. I have 2 monitors. While the game is running I have no access to the 2nd monitor. I run I full screen mode. Windowed mode will, or should, allow access to the other monitors....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
kowloon

Post by kowloon »

Got it running in my centre screen, I had failed to account for a 1.5 scaling on windows. I incremented the windowed size out with the increments (21:9 at normal) adjusted to the 1.5x scaling and took a little off for my taskbar. Interestingly, if you drag the window partially across the monitors the section of game window on the side monitor freezes but the part in the primary works as it should. Thanks for the replies!

Return to “Tech Support”