Star Wars - The Evacuation of Yavin (in beta development)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Hattori Hanzo

RE: Star Wars

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

better if you finish your mods and only after write this weird kind of "help-book".. [8|]
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

better if you finish your mods and only after write this weird kind of "help-book".. [8|]

No problems..... I'll stop posting any more comments in this forum. All I get these days is negative criticism and it makes it really hard to carry on with these mods.

By the way.... the reason the mods are taking a long time is that a lot of Distant Worlds Universe has been changed in my mod.... it is not just add a few races, ships and characters..... everything was being changed......and sometimes it is not easy to work out how to do something. Then I get a bug appear and it may take several weeks to resolve.

Research and components were almost complete on every mod..... people would have liked seeing what I did.

Oh well...... [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I'm happy you like to mod, but it's like you see the next shiny thing and constantly move on. I really, really wanted to play Star Trek when you announced it three years ago in 2016, but I've given up hope of ever playing it.

I'm not negative. I'm more sad to a point. I want to play your mods, but when? Time is running short since DW2 is on the horizon.
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

I'm happy you like to mod, but it's like you see the next shiny thing and constantly move on. I really, really wanted to play Star Trek when you announced it three years ago in 2016, but I've given up hope of ever playing it.

I'm not negative. I'm more sad to a point. I want to play your mods, but when? Time is running short since DW2 is on the horizon.

Yes I know it has been 3 years...... and yes it has taken a long time. However that is because I lost practically everything when a computer hard drive failed. When I went to my backup I found that the backup file was corrupted.

So my choices were to give up or start again from scratch..... and I chose the latter.

I know many modders here who just suddenly disappeared before releasing their mods.

Example : tm.asp?m=3186572

Eva posted her first amazing screenshots 25th September 2012. Everyone was excited for the day we would get to see her mod released.

15th June 2013 she then said this
"this eve mod final Release Date will be July 2013..
i will finish this modding soon .. i MUST finish"

Then 15th August 2013 she apologized again and promised the mod would be released within 2 months.

25th May 2014 she then let us know she had purchased Distant Worlds Universe .... so it appeared she was now going to transfer her mod from Shadows to Universe.

Unfortunately she never came back after that...... which was a pity as she had put a lot of work in and her mod was apparently 90% finished.... we never got to see it.

So I have been rebuilding Star Wars and Star Trek again. Things slowed down while working on research and components. And ships.... that was a big challenge too.

So while working this out as well as changing the dialog between all the species and working out how to do somdething in the mod I then decided to release a very early version of Stargate and then do some minor work bringing back old mods Master of Orion, Mass Effect and Warhammer 40k that only needed a few hours of work to fix issues with. These then being mods I would work on after Star Wars, Star Trek and Stargate.

While I had been working on some other mods most of my time has been spent on Star Wars and Star Trek almost daily..... as long as running my own business gives me the time.

I am happy to continue the modding but you need to understand there is always a reason why mods are delayed.... it is just hard at times when I read some comments which are repeated several times again and again saying the same thing.

And when Distant Worlds 2 is released this year or next year each of my mods will be converted over.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

Tips For those new to Distant Worlds Universe
---------------------------------------------

If you start with a number of spies don't leave them idle.....
I assign all of them to Counter Intelligence from the very beginning.

When an enemy such as the Empire arrives you can then assign the spies to target the Empire or other hostile race.

With the test of the mod I currently have the mod teeming with life which can be as close as 1 sector away......

Attachments
Prevent En..lligence.jpg
Prevent En..lligence.jpg (191.93 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

The mod comes with all the design templates you need.
These can simply be loaded from a file that comes with the mod.

The design of a rebel base as shown below has all the components added that you need while keeping excess energy to it's lowest rate. At the beginning of the game your rebel base is not heavily defended and there are no weapons yet as you will need to research them.

Attachments
TheRebelBase.jpg
TheRebelBase.jpg (177.01 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

Designing the X-Wing Template

Your X-Wings need to have a great cruise speed in order to travel around your system. They will have no hyperdrive at the start. The template loaded into the mod will have this cruise speed already loaded in so Luke won't be piloting a space turtle.

Attachments
DesigningtheXWing.jpg
DesigningtheXWing.jpg (151.26 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Vectrexplosion

Post by Vectrexplosion »

This is really interesting! I am new here and I downloaded this along with a few other mods. I will play them when I finish my first vanilla game. Keep up the great work!

I like strategy games.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: rjord1
ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

No problems..... I'll stop posting any more comments in this forum. All I get these days is negative criticism and it makes it really hard to carry on with these mods.

By the way.... the reason the mods are taking a long time is that a lot of Distant Worlds Universe has been changed in my mod.... it is not just add a few races, ships and characters..... everything was being changed......and sometimes it is not easy to work out how to do something. Then I get a bug appear and it may take several weeks to resolve.

Research and components were almost complete on every mod..... people would have liked seeing what I did.

Oh well...... [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
my apologies RJord1, it is not my wish to discourage you.. sorry [:(]

it's only, as Retreat1970 says, that I [and I'm sure many other people here] wish so much to play your "Original Star Trek" DW:U mod that sometimes [I admit, too much times..] I feel discouraged myself.. [:(]

again, my sincere deep apologies.

ps: please do NOT stop to post.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: Vectrexplosion

This is really interesting! I am new here and I downloaded this along with a few other mods. I will play them when I finish my first vanilla game. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Vectrexplosion

Please keep in mind that the existing mod you downloaded was last updated 28th December so content seen here for last 2 months will be in the next update.

Someone created a series of youtube videos on this mod which can be seen here.
The next version of the mod will be the beta version and much more complete than the alpha version of the mod.
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

In the next update......

Finally I have the Super Star Destroyer looking the way I want it to.
There will only be a few of these around due to the high cost of manufacturing them.

Only the Death Star is more expensive to build.

For the size of the Super Star Destroyer I image scaled it by 600

Attachments
Super Star Destroyer.jpg
Super Star Destroyer.jpg (104.39 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

In the next update......

An Imperial Star Destroyer along with the Super Star Destroyer
The Super Star Destroyer has been increased in size

Attachments
Imerial St..estroyer.jpg
Imerial St..estroyer.jpg (228.63 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Vectrexplosion

Post by Vectrexplosion »

Alright, thanks :)

I like strategy games.
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

This week I am working on the characters and I have just added 218 Wookies into the mod comprised of male and female Wookies.

There are 15 leaders, 20 Ambassadors, 20 Colony Generals, 20 Fleet Admirals, 20 Troop Generals, 20 Intelligence Agents, 20 Scientists, 10 Pirate Leaders and 81 Ship Captains who will appear in random order apart from the first couple of leaders.

Using photoshop I have created the portraits of the Major Wookie players as you can see below starting with the image of the left and ending up with the image on the right on Kashyyyk.

To merge the Wookie into the background picture I use the photoshop clone stamp at 46 to merge the edges of the Wookie so there is no hard outline. An effective result.

Attachments
Making Wookie.jpg
Making Wookie.jpg (287.32 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

The 218 Wookies were added to the mod using an Excel spreadsheet which creates the characters file for each race.

I tested the mod works still after adding all those names in and was surprised to see that Black Krrsantan was already in the game waiting at Kashyyyk.

Black Krrsantan is a Wookie Bounty Hunter who has been known to work for Jabba the Hutt from time to time.

Attachments
BlackKrrsantan.jpg
BlackKrrsantan.jpg (125.48 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

Over 200 Hutt added to the mod if you would prefer to play as them.......
As there is a limit on the different looking Hutt available I am working on a few options on how they appear in the mod.

Attachments
Hutt.jpg
Hutt.jpg (137.68 KiB) Viewed 226 times
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

As a business owner I needed to take some time off away from modding to get some work done.....
However today I am back continuing work on my mods....
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

The next version of the mod will have the number of races significantly reduced to 27.
Having 51 races in the mod made this a complicated project to finish.

The races that will appear are those that were seen Between Episodes IV and Episodes VI.... exception being the Kaminoans.

Additional races may be added at a later date.

The list now includes:

Aqualish
Bith 
Bothan
Chadra-Fan
Corellian
Devaronian
Duros
Empire
Ewok
Gamorrean 
Gran
Hammerhead
Hutt 
Jawa
Kaminoans 
Mandalorian
Mon Calamari
Ortolan
Rebellion
Rodian
Sullustan
Togruta
Trandoshan
Twi'lek
Ugnaught
Wookiee
Zabrak
rjord2021

Star Wars

Post by rjord2021 »

I am focusing on building the Empire.... specifically how to have the Empire building the Death Star over a long period of time.

I do not want the Death Star to be be completed in the early part of the game and while expanding across the galaxy the Empire needs to create the plans, find the resources and then build the battle-station.

Probably the best way of dragging out the construction of the station is using the research tree to research each part of the battle station.

Example....

Hypermatter reactor
Class 4 Hyperdrive Engines
Mk I Superlaser
Tractor beam
Turbolaser batteries
Laser cannons
Ion cannons

Return to “Design and Modding”