Spying could use a facelift

Moderator: Hubert Cater

ElvisJJonesRambo

Spying could use a facelift

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

An entire redo could be done for "Spying". Currently, there's some 1% chance for ever unit on the board that each level of spying will reveal. So if there's 100 pieces, you get to see on average....you get the math. Thing is, do I really want to see that Garrison in Costa Rica, West Africa, and maybe some Destroyer in the middle of nowhere land.

This would be a real good enhancement to the game. Smarter minds than me could think of some good Spying & Espionage instead of the Garrison in Iceland...you get the idea.

1) Reports reveal that Russians have begun new construction on Heavy Tanks. One type of tech is learning about the an opponents build or two. New Russian SU-122 units will be completed in January 1943.
2) Show the path of a cool ship, not a game changer, but something more than the current position. Shows the beginning and end of the piece, or at least the direction it was last sailing.
3) Captured prisoners at Dneipper River line give some FOW lifting in 3 hexes radius.
4) Do the opposite, let the information be "where there is NOT a unit". Port of Whatever has been un-garrisoned
5) There had to be spies in the USA, watching ports. Ship so-in-so has be debarked in San Diego. New York spies report 3-Armies headed SE past Statue of Liberty.
6) Could have decoy units. 3 Fake Decoy Tanks units under Patton in England.
7) think of your own
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
sveint

RE: Spying could use a facelift

Post by sveint »

I like it. Good suggestions.
aquavita

Post by aquavita »

1, 2 (The ending), and 5.

Great suggestions!

Master Sun sier: "Allment gjelder følgende metoder for å anvende styrker..."
Baskaatje

Post by Baskaatje »

Another interesting way to use spying is to pay MMP's and get for a certain time an area to focus your spying on. For the Axis this could be more expensive in the US and UK than in North Africa or the Balkans. For the Allies more expensive in the Axis countries (Germany, Italy and Japan) than in occupied countries.
He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!
boudi

Post by boudi »

Spying also speeding up research by providing intelligence on the enemy’s own developments. I put allways MPPs on spying and intelligence for this.

Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks and we can see how the possible dozens of popups can be a bit much as well and will look into an adjustment here too.
Robert24

Post by Robert24 »

Good day all,

I have thought about this also… in my readings of WW2 the value of intelligence, when it was successful, was very beneficial to the one discovering enemy movements or concentrations.

How about instead of intelligence revealing (what seems to be) random units, that ships and headquarters are revealed instead?

-Robert

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”