Master of Orion (Beta 1.0) *** Released ***

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

TomFrame worked on Master of Orion 2 for Legends and indicated he was no longer working on it from Sep 2015 and anyone else was welcome to continue work on his mod.

lazyzbox released a beta of Master of Orion 3 on 12th Aug 2014 but has not been back in the forums since the following day...... so I am assuming that this has also been abandoned.The sad thing was that only 5 people downloaded his mod from strategyinformer and it is actually a very nice mod.

Today I have released a version of lazyzbox's mod which have a number of issues and errors fixed.

I have renamed the new version of the mod to "Master of Orion"

I have tested the new version of Master of Orion for Universe and I have seen no issues.

Download link is below:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNg3YuwkZJPhItGVKvnr6RLlDQIag

Additional content will be added to this mod over coming weeks

Original modders link......
tm.asp?m=3674015&mpage=1&key=�

He did a lot of work on this mod before he left in 2014 and this mod will now be further expanded on.....

This version has fixed a number of issues in the mod.....
Attachments
Forum Banner.jpg
Forum Banner.jpg (298.34 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

10 additional races that will be added to the mod next are:

- Terran
- Akirian
- Degonite
- Eldritch
- Glis
- Nyunyu
- Nyemorian
- Thersonian
- Yar-ssian
- Zarkonian
SteamSlither

RE: Master of Orion (Beta 1.0) *** Released ***

Post by SteamSlither »

Many of those troop icons look PRETTY GOOD. I'll have to see how they look on the map. Ive been experimenting with MORE VISIBLE TROOP icons (now V2.0) from vanilla to get them to show MORE VISIBLy on the map. Outlining seems to help as on different planet backgrounds, depending on troop color, they get lost. An important thing you have done is MAKE THEM BIGGER, as multiple figures just get lost. I'm a fan of the 90's release Master of Orion. For kicks use those old artwork screenshots for some of the characters( I see you have some from Master of Orion 2)
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: SteamSlither

Many of those troop icons look PRETTY GOOD. I'll have to see how they look on the map. Ive been experimenting with MORE VISIBLE TROOP icons (now V2.0) from vanilla to get them to show MORE VISIBLy on the map. Outlining seems to help as on different planet backgrounds, depending on troop color, they get lost. An important thing you have done is MAKE THEM BIGGER, as multiple figures just get lost. I'm a fan of the 90's release Master of Orion. For kicks use those old artwork screenshots for some of the characters( I see you have some from Master of Orion 2)

The original modder deserves all the credit.... he did a good job before he left back in 2014 and his mod appears to be abandoned. I fixed up a number of issues with his mod and released it as a new version which will be expanded on.

The original modders link is in the first post above.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Very cool! Happy to see another mod being worked on!
logopatico

Post by logopatico »

nice job.

Return to “Design and Modding”