Playing Around in Vietnam

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

SeaQueen

RE: Playing Around in Vietnam

Post by SeaQueen »

It'd be interesting to find maps of ground operations with phase lines and what not.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen
It'd be interesting to find maps of ground operations with phase lines and what not.
There is not much in the way of good maps AT ALL.
There are not good maps of bridges or even targets on the Ho Chi Min Trail.
You can get some topographical maps on the area around Khe Sanh and Hue... but not much in the way of where suspected 130mm positions were etc.
You can also get some good maps on North Vietnamese Air Bases... but good maps are difficult to find.

Or at least, I have not been able to find them.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

tjhkkr,

Thanks for these references. Now included in the unofficial CMANO Dropbox reference library.

-Wayne

Forum members who want access to this Dropbox library can PM me with your email address.
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
temkc5

Post by temkc5 »

This seemed to be the best place for this

US & Australian facilities during the Vietnam War google earth file
Attachments
VietnamUS..cilities.zip
(61.78 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Non mihi, Non tibi, Sed nobis

SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

I suspect so much of this stuff was classified and/or shredded. Getting it probably would require a lot of FOIA requests. The good news is that at this point, the declassify-on dates for most of this stuff have probably lapsed so that if you did FOIA it, you could probably get the majority of it. The National Air and Space Museum has a really great map of the DCA plan for the aircraft carriers during the Gulf of Sidra crisis with Libya. I'm sure there's other stuff out there if you know where to look.

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
There is not much in the way of good maps AT ALL.
There are not good maps of bridges or even targets on the Ho Chi Min Trail.
You can get some topographical maps on the area around Khe Sanh and Hue... but not much in the way of where suspected 130mm positions were etc.
You can also get some good maps on North Vietnamese Air Bases... but good maps are difficult to find.

Or at least, I have not been able to find them.

Return to “The War Room”