Steel Tigers Progress?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
MrsWargamer

RE: Steel Tigers Progress?

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

good luck on the happy day and honeymoon in the UK, bring something warm[;)]

now Quebec or Canada as a whole is somewhere where i'd love to go, and maybe stay tbh, one day one dream[;)]

Montreal has great places to eat and Quebec city is totally awesome as a tourist.

Ottawa has lots of great museums.

If you wish to live in Canada, I suggest one rule, the place can't have more than 20k citizens and must be 30 minutes drive at speed from a city like Toronto. The reason, there's no point coming here, if it will look like everywhere else and not Canada. The thing is, there are very few Canadians living in our biggest cities. When I say "Canadians", I'm really meaning people that are obviously Canadians. That's not a racial comment, that's a cultural comment. I don't have trouble with our people in our big cities, they're just not Canadian enough.

My hometown is 21K and a 90 minute drive from Toronto and the people are friendly. I live where the city escapes to for the weekend. Hey, even they don't want to be in the city.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Huge congratulations!

If you come to Liverpool we can meet up!

Really pleased for you😁

ORIGINAL: rickier65

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

If life is kind to me in 2019, I'll be getting married and the plan is to spend my time touring places I've never seen before. Generally England for honeymoon, and then a lot of Quebec.

Hopefully 2019 will be kind to you then, though I won't jinx it by congratulating you.

Rick

Not impossible :)

Dad is from Bishops Stortford (near Stanstead Airport), I also have a friend west of London who I want to meet up with who might not make it to the wedding here in Canada. I have something of a desire to NOT go to London and all the cliche spots. I want to see small-town England and see churches (dad likes the architecture), and trains and maybe end up in Scotland (I'm Scottish decent).
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

My hometown is 21K and a 90 minute drive from Toronto and the people are friendly. I live where the city escapes to for the weekend. Hey, even they don't want to be in the city.

I recently moved back to my hometown, about the same size as yours. Although a good 14 hour drive north of Vancouver. Ha!
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[/quote]

Dad is from Bishops Stortford (near Stanstead Airport), I also have a friend west of London who I want to meet up with who might not make it to the wedding here in Canada. I have something of a desire to NOT go to London and all the cliche spots. I want to see small-town England and see churches (dad likes the architecture), and trains and maybe end up in Scotland (I'm Scottish decent).
[/quote]
MrsWargamer, I think that before the release of Steel Tigers you have time to go to Scotland on foot and to have many little children.[&o] [:D]
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

ORIGINAL: rico21

[/quote]
MrsWargamer, I think that before the release of Steel Tigers you have time to go to Scotland on foot and to have many little children.[&o] [:D]

[/quote]
MrsWargamer, I think that before the release of Steel Tigers you have time to go to Scotland on foot and to have many little children.

:)

"MrsWargamer, I think that before the release of Steel Tigers you have time to go to Scotland on foot and to have many little children."

I think my family doctor might have issues with me having more kids. 56 is ok for becoming a granny, but I'm a bit past having babies. I'll let my son take over the task of me having little ones around here. He's 24, he's got the energy.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I am more in tactical than superior levels (except with Tiller titles where i do oposite) but apart this i allways have a place in my heart for Steel Panthers... my first serious wargame... even more, i have in my hands the box of Allied General and Steel Panthers (a gold version), i played a lot Panzer General demo and i even ignore Steel Panthers demo BUT in last month i started with SP demo and when i find both games in the shop i have a great fight inside me but i think i did the correct choise.

Steel Tigers... well, when i think on his development i have in my mind this:

"Guys Steel Tigers is moving forward, keep kalm"

Firebri

Post by Firebri »

It sounds like a good game. Are there any screen shots ?
tdavie

Post by tdavie »

As long as it’s got range/penetration charts, variable armour thickness/facing, morale, command/control, munitions/fuel expenditure, solo play I’m sold.

Tom
zasgard

Post by zasgard »

ORIGINAL: Firebri

It sounds like a good game. Are there any screen shots ?

No screen shots.

Apparently the game is in development but the creators are tight lipped. Until they announce a BETA this game (any game for that matter) is vaporware.
bdmorrow71

Post by bdmorrow71 »

I have played Steel Panthers since the first release. Huge fan of the game and would love to see the same game with modern graphics and UI. Loved making custom scenarios and maps. If the new game is just a modern version of the old game - this will be one happy gamer!

Anxiously awaiting news!!
rico21

Post by rico21 »

The new game is 1/4 of this, 1/2 of that and 1/4 of...eternity.[:D]
Jugger

Post by Jugger »

ORIGINAL: Jugger

Coming up to almost two years since the announcement of "Steel Tigers" any news yet?[&:]
Over year since my original post still crickets? Do you think we could have any news on this by the end of the year![&o]
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: tdavie

As long as it’s got range/penetration charts, variable armour thickness/facing, morale, command/control, munitions/fuel expenditure, solo play I’m sold.

Tom

Look for a copy of Panthers in the Shadows or Tigers on the Prowl 2, then (by HPS): they had all the above in 1995 [8D]
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
JReb

Post by JReb »

Coming up to almost two years since the announcement of "Steel Tigers" any news yet?[&:]
Over year since my original post still crickets? Do you think we could have any news on this by the end of the year![&o]

Not sure what the deal is with these guys anymore. Not only this game but Distant Worlds 2 and Close Combat-The Bloody First, none of these are even listed in the 'Coming Soon' section of the forum. What does that mean? [&:]
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

As games get larger and more complex their development tends to get less predictable. We understand it's hard to be patient, but we also don't want to talk about (or show) games too early as the developers get criticism on unfinished work.

That said, CC:TBF is right there in Coming Soon...

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

As games get larger and more complex their development tends to get less predictable. We understand it's hard to be patient, but we also don't want to talk about (or show) games too early as the developers get criticism on unfinished work.

Cheers

Pip
ot only this game but Distant

What is CC: TBF ? Close Combat something or other?

I am sorry I thought this thread was on Steel Panthers which may be now called Steel Tigers?

Updates or dream?
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Major_Mess

Post by Major_Mess »

Cheers

Pip

Can you feel the despair, and angst that emanates from this thread Pip? There's a tonne of folks that wanna believe, but ya got to throw us a bone or two, that's only fair.
It's been what, 4 maybe 5 years since the announcement was made. No tangible news since then kinda makes Steel Tigers look like it's Vaporware.
We could do with something, anything that shows us that we're not getting strung along.(besides your assurances that this is not the case. We believe you, don't we guys??).
Don't y'all worry about criticism, there's always going to be a nitwit with an opinion. You ignore those knuckleheads.

How about it?
Woof.

cheers

MM
Click below. You know you want to!!

Jugger

Post by Jugger »

Cheers

Pip
C'mon Pip surely after 3 years one of the developers can talk about something even if its something the team is struggling with much better than crickets I would suggest. How about from July this year the Developers talk about one subject a month! It can be anything from terrain to Engineers, the new UI, the encyclopedia, a particular unit, Tanks, Multi Hex industrial building, trials and tribulations whatever they feel comfortable with and want to speak about and how things may differ from the old and the new game. Doesn't have to be any screenshots just something to keep us intrigued, interested, enthused, motivated. I think this would be a good way of keeping us all in the loop without having to reveal too much too early! Thanks for the efforts guys always appreciated[:)]
rwenstrup

Post by rwenstrup »

I originally got involved with Matrix Games due to Steel Panthers. It is still my favorite game! I believe there are many silent readers of these forums who are watching and waiting for this game. I believe I am speaking for many of us who sincerely hope that a game is in the near future!
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Return to “General Discussion”