Auto retrofit (Solved)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Dampfnudel

Auto retrofit (Solved)

Post by Dampfnudel »

I read many guides and looked through a lot of stuff. But I dont get how I make my automated fleets/ships retrofit automatic.
Only civilians retrofit. Everything else stays without hyperdrive unless told.

Thank you for your answers.
Dampfnudel

RE: Auto retrofit

Post by Dampfnudel »

retrofit seems to be completely bugged.

Unmodded game, "rule in absence" run for 5 hours, ships of the first generation still sit around without hyperdrive at the capital.

No wonder that Ai is so bad, if only new ships get new techs. Seems like the automatic retrofit was not implemented at all.

Yaourt

Post by Yaourt »

In the design screen, change the view from "latest designs" to "non-obsolete designs". It is very likely that there is a non-obsolete one luring around
Dampfnudel

Post by Dampfnudel »

I made another test run. I double checked that no non-obsolete design ware lurking around.
No ship/station ever went for retrofitting, except for private ships. Completely broken mechanic. It fucks AI hard too and delays their expansion as their ships don't upgrade to hyperdrive.
Dampfnudel

Post by Dampfnudel »

I got it. It is the setting for automatic construction that controls automatic retrofitting.

Manual designs get automatic retrofits now.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”