Two Years

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Bamilus

Two Years

Post by Bamilus »

It's been two years since Gil has logged on and since Erik has said anything about the game. Is there an official response on whether we will ever see another title? I'm less inclined to buy this if I know there won't be follow-ups.

Thanks
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
zakblood

RE: Two Years

Post by zakblood »

official response, no not in open channel and i can't repeat what's been said in hidden channels either, so until someone from staff say something, it's in limbo atm, but will ask for someone from staff to post a comment either way
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Bamilus,

Thanks for asking - unfortunately I don't have positive news for you. Due to some serious personal crises that Eric Babe (the lead developer/designer) has gone through over the past year, everything with Brother against Brother is on hold. When he is able to consider returning to the project, we'll have a good look and a discussion to decide on future plans and timelines.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Bamilus,

Thanks for asking - unfortunately I don't have positive news for you. Due to some serious personal crises that Eric Babe (the lead developer/designer) has gone through over the past year, everything with Brother against Brother is on hold. When he is able to consider returning to the project, we'll have a good look and a discussion to decide on future plans and timelines.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate and I'm sorry to hear about Eric. The game looks interesting, so I still might get it, but it's a bummer to hear that development is on hold but is very understandable due to personal life.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

The most important thing is for Eric to be well and all to be ok.

Whatever happens, thank you Eric for one of if not the best Civil War Battle game I have played. If more could follow the series would have gotten even better and will be missed but even one gem of a game is a lot to be proud of. [&o]
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”