Close Combat: The Bloody First opens its gates for Beta!

3D version of Close Combat
Daniele

Close Combat: The Bloody First opens its gates for Beta!

Post by Daniele »

“No Mission Too Difficult. No Sacrifice Too Great. Duty First!”

We are very happy to announce that, after several months of hard work, Close Combat: The Bloody First is ready to go officially in Beta!

Developers have put a lot of effort into creating one of the most realistic tactical wargames ever, improving and refining the overall gameplay experience.

Now it’s your turn to duty! If you think you have what it takes, enlist here and help us in giving the final touches to the game!

IMPORTANT:

If you have applied in precedence for the Alpha, you don’t have to apply a second time as you have been automatically added to the Beta

Close Combat: The Bloody First is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series, and the first using the new 3D Archon engine. With this Close Combat: The Bloody First combines classic Close Combat tactical gameplay with battles fought across a wide variety of diverse 3D landscapes including craggy ridgelines, narrow valleys and dense villages. The switch to 3D also allows an increase in the level of detail (e.g. the specific types of ammunition used by each weapon are now modelled) with more realistic movement and projectile physics.

FroBodine

RE: Close Combat: The Bloody First opens its gates for Beta!

Post by FroBodine »

"After several months of hard work . . ." [8|]

Congratulations on hitting Beta. I'm really looking forward to the final release. Hopefully in the next month or two?

ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

Already sent in my app.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan
Simulacra53

Post by Simulacra53 »

Congrats!
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Announcement of the beta testing and the screen shots have raised the anticipation for the release of TBF. In the meantime, I've submitted my application and hope to be selected for beta testing. If not, no worries, for I know the release is just over the horizon.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Congrats! I've already enlisted for service!
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Are those trees in the middle of the first screenshots street?
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I want to apply to Beta, I think I have a lot of experience as a tester: 4x PzC, 9x OoB + few less important titles and considerable skills in strategic games
I never played Close Combat, but I always wanted to play [8D]
Does it make sense to apply? Or maybe someone like me, rookie in CC will be able to give valuable feedback for developers? What do you think?
macortez

Post by macortez »

Wow, congrats, it looks great, can't wait to try the beta!
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: kondi754

I want to apply to Beta, I think I have a lot of experience as a tester: 4x PzC, 9x OoB + few less important titles and considerable skills in strategic games
I never played Close Combat, but I always wanted to play [8D]
Does it make sense to apply? Or maybe someone like me, rookie in CC will be able to give valuable feedback for developers? What do you think?
Do not tell to us, you must tell about this to the developer signing the beta and they must choose. Just it.
thekromewolf

Post by thekromewolf »

This is what i love about you guys - you take your time making your game to ensure a quality product and wont rush out anything , i dont buy alot of games these days due to the amount of times ive been duped investing into some thing ment to be good and turns out to be a pile of rubbish BUT ill be happily handing over my cash upon full release.

GJ guys, we appreciate it, and i signed up for beta ages ago so hopefully i will get accepted :D
huckc

Post by huckc »

ORIGINAL: thekromewolf
GJ guys, we appreciate it, and i signed up for beta ages ago so hopefully i will get accepted :D

You might actually be in automatically if I read this correctly from the OP:
If you have applied in precedence for the Alpha, you don’t have to apply a second time as you have been automatically added to the Beta
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Where are the soldiers manning the half tracks? I cannot see them in the screenshot above?
As for applying for the alpha. I did that and tried to apply a second time when BETA invites were on the table but it said I had already applied.
So as per above, it sounds like all is in order. Those that applied for Alpha should not have to re-apply for Beta.
shadepiece

Post by shadepiece »

I have to say that the UI is looking very sleek. I'm glad to see it's not too imposing or looking like it's in the way. Also, although some might feel the graphics look dated and should be better, I think they are rather classic looking. I love that the games haven't changed in how they look for so long, and frankly I was pretty sceptical that a 3D version was going to stay true to the games of old.

I don't mind them looking dated, because I think it keeps the style of the old games, and I think it is a good transition into the 3D engine. Now I just hope the animations are in as good of shape.
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Has anyone been picked yet to participate? I was just wondering since I didn't receive any notifications.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

If I am not wrong, you can not say if you are accepted in the beta.[;)]
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

I've never been a part of a Beta before, but I really wanted to participate in this one and help out. But I was not sure how it works, since I didn't receive any email notifications. I thought maybe the beta had not started yet and they were still looking for volunteers. But I also wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally have like a spam folder email and it was accidentally deleted if it had in fact started. I was not sure of the proper protocol, so I asked the question here.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Do not be worried, usually beta are divided at stages, not all the people are accepted in the begining, each new version more and more people are accepted.
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

Thank you for explaining the process.
Sedghammer

Post by Sedghammer »

Next wave anytime soon? *Wink, wink* [:)]

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”