Axis Minors joining

Moderator: Hubert Cater

ElvisJJonesRambo

Axis Minors joining

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

Got a decent game going, standard happy path German strategy. I did lose North Africa. I'm building up for Barby after an Air war against London.

[Question] Why hasn't Romania & Hungary join Germany, while Bulgaria did early?

Meanwhile, Yugo joined the Allies on its own. I didn't see any massive Diplo by my Allied opponent. No Hungary is now 80% or something. Romania only 58%? WTF. Costing me huge MMPs and staging sites. Barby starts in 2 turns.
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
ThunderLizard11

RE: Axis Minors joining

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

Yugo joins the allies by even early in '41. As Axis, you can get them to join Axis if you put most of your diplo into Yugo from the start.

As to Romania, Hungry and Bulgaria - I don't know the code but there is some RNG going on. Hungry always joins first and usually early. Then Romania and Bulgaria usually by early '41. Someone probably knows that actual code that drives this.

I found this in the '39 manual:

Countries like Italy, Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria will ultimately enter the war on your side,
though the exact timing will vary from game to game.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Thanks, I'll just deal with. See what happens. If I got halfway into Russia with no join, I'll send some Panzers to convert them the hardway.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

I had too none of them joining even if I got in '42 which is quite odd.
France was conquered in mainland (Vichy was not established but they were hanging around Algiers) and the rest of continental Europe was under Axis heel. In my case I do not know if the event has been scripted with feet and required France to have been conquered instead of just offering the armistice or else. But it is very iffy as it is now.
ElvisJJonesRambo

August 1941, just DOW on Russia. Hungary will join when I get the turn back. Romania still not in. Turkey just popped 10%, this dude might have bought a chit of Diplo, no idea. Also DOW on Spain, they will surrender next turn. USA jumped from 47 to 71 on the Spain DOW. War still goes in Yugo, will take me couple more turns due to the goofy terrain from NE Italy. Need these troops in Poland/Russia border. The worst part about no Minors, NO MMPS. Missed out on alot of them for builds.
amandkm

Post by amandkm »

So, you're going West, east, and southeast without minors? That is... ambitious. If you don't mind, keep us updated on how it goes.

How is Asia looking?
Schokolokos

Post by Schokolokos »

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

[Question] Why hasn't Romania & Hungary join Germany, while Bulgaria did early?

I guess you invaded Spain?

You can not invade 2/3 of European Territory and still expecting everyone is joining you voluntarily.

This is good for balancing reasons, because if you get them for free too, then the Axis economy would be too much privileged.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”