another stupid question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

coachi

another stupid question

Post by coachi »

Okay so I got through my first scenario. Took some losses but scored 100. Still I am very confused ny the weapons release doctrine. I understand the the basic doctrine part but I met that and I still could not attack due to the weapons release list. Do I have to change this for every single weapon in evry platform on every mission. Cost me a number of fighters. Love the game but this is a pain. Help.
Whicker

RE: another stupid question

Post by Whicker »

can you be more specific?

generally the WRA are set to defaults that are usually max range, which on a anti air missile isn't always a good thing - the enemy can usually turn around and run away. If you tighten something like that up - to a shorter distance then you have a better chance of hitting it - but you also let it get closer.

My guess is the WRA aren't your problem, probably something more like not having a good lock on the location, or weather getting in the way.
coachi

Post by coachi »

No wouldn’t let me fire said it was wra
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

it is hard to help when there is no info on what you are doing.

What unit won't fire? what won't it fire at? what are the weather conditions? what scenario? can you post a screenshot?
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

ORIGINAL: coachi

Okay so I got through my first scenario. Took some losses but scored 100. Still I am very confused ny the weapons release doctrine. I understand the the basic doctrine part but I met that and I still could not attack due to the weapons release list. Do I have to change this for every single weapon in evry platform on every mission. Cost me a number of fighters. Love the game but this is a pain. Help.

It's not a stupid question. Generally no.
You should be able to set it at the 'side\top' level and most units if they don't have their own specific settings will inherit your top level side settings, so that if you have basic default you're trying to set you don't actually have to set it everywhere. You can of course then after then go in per-unit or per-mission and specifically tweak WRA for a unit\group or members of a mission.

Basically if you find something will not fire, and it's telling you it's specifically because of WRA, and you manually go in at the individual unit level and make a change from 'inherited' or the default to something that results in it finally firing then something was getting applied above the unit level to it that was blocking, or in case of default the lack of a overriding higher level setting change of that default.

When I was starting out (and I'm still a beginner) it took me more than a few minutes to figure out the WRA inheritance levels and how the 'reset\reapply' sort of work, when they're needed and when they're not.
Just keep in mind the 3 basic levels to my understanding:
1. [side-level WRA]
2. [mission-level WRA]
3. [unit-level\group WRA]

As Whicker mentioned if we can get into the specifics of the situation maybe we can get to the bottom of what was or is still causing you headaches.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”