Captured Stuff (again)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

uw06670

Captured Stuff (again)

Post by uw06670 »

I searched through a couple of posts but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I'm German player turn 59 (July 42). And I've seen a number of tanks being put to good use by my troops.

But the pool of heavy tanks (KV-1 and 2) is sitting idle. Do I have to wait until there is a TOE that includes heavy tanks? Is that the problem? When does that happen, when first Tigers appear?

Also, lots of captured equipment just sits. Lots of good artillery, many thousands of lesser impact weapons like 12.7mm MG and mortars, but if they are being shown as captured something must happen to them eventually right? Even if its just scrapped.

thanks,
- Mark
xhoel

RE: Captured Stuff (again)

Post by xhoel »

Most of the equipment captured will be put to use if they are included in the TOEs. Some of them like the 82mm mortar that the Soviets use will be converted to 81mm mortars and will go to the German pools normally. There are certain artillery pieces that just sit in the pool until you have the TOEs for them. Many old tanks will get scrapped. Idk what to tell you about the KV-1s though. Can you post a pic of your captured equipment pool?
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Thanks for the info. So just one day some of the equipment will get used I guess. I know that the Germans used a bunch of those 76mm barrels for their Marders. maybe that gets simulated somehow?

Here is my loot

Attachments
Captured.jpg
Captured.jpg (146.16 KiB) Viewed 123 times
- Mark
Huw Jones

Post by Huw Jones »

In the commanders report, you will also notice some things getting converted, like the morters mentioned by xhoel.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

Thanks Huw. And so funny, the next turn (T60) I finally see some artillery being scrapped.

Attachments
Scrapping.jpg
Scrapping.jpg (62.56 KiB) Viewed 121 times
- Mark
Searry

Post by Searry »

Yes you have to wait for TOEs that actually contain heavy tanks to use them. In the end though, German heavy armor production is quite extensive so you probably will not end up using them. T-34's in the other hand are a very good reserve if you happen to take big losses.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”